Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mumford & Sons Coming to my Hometown

Mumford & Sons Coming to my Hometown

They are coming to Troy, Ohio for a two day concert at the end of August as part of the "Gentlemen of the Road" four city event. Just wondering if anyone at Redszone was going to make the trip here?

This is probably going to end up being the biggest event ever to happen for my town. We only have a population of 25,000 people and the city is expecting over 35,000 fans to come in for the weekend, generating an estimated $12.6 million in revenue for the region. It's going to be epic.

If anyone has any questions about the area, just ask. I know all of the local watering holes and restaurants.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mumford & Sons Coming to my Hometown

Similarly, if anyone needs recommendations, let me know. I grew up mere minutes from the venue.

Sadly, I couldn't land tickets - they sold out quickly.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Wow, that's awesome. I've been waiting for them to come by here. I hope to be there. They're my #1 choice of bands I want to see live.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I will be there. Saw them last year in Columbus. They put on a great show. Since it's close enough to Cincy, it's an easy drive up and back each day.

Just looked at ticket prices. Holy smokes! For 2 tickets, it's nearly $600. I'll just continue listening to their cd's.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

7. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-12-2013),Chip R (02-13-2013)

I've seen Mumford & Sons twice (at nowhere near $600, I might add) and both shows were phenomenal. Troy, OH is in for a treat.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I've seen Mumford & Sons twice (at nowhere near $600, I might add) and both shows were phenomenal. Troy, OH is in for a treat.
    The face of the tickets are $109, which is a great deal IMO because that includes the Friday night concert, and the all-day Saturday concert. The camping experience will be a lot of fun because they are turning the entire river levee into a campground, which is near the stadium where the concert is.

It sounds like the entire downtown area is going to become a big festival also and there will be additional events going on besides the concert itself.

Troy did a lot of work to make this happen, it's going to be a great weekend.

10. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-12-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Maybe I am crazy, but live music almost always disappoints.

They call me "chef"

Wait four years and see them at the county fair for free.

13. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    They are coming to Troy, Ohio for a two day concert at the end of August as part of the "Gentlemen of the Road" four city event. Just wondering if anyone at Redszone was going to make the trip here?

This is probably going to end up being the biggest event ever to happen for my town. We only have a population of 25,000 people and the city is expecting over 35,000 fans to come in for the weekend, generating an estimated $12.6 million in revenue for the region. It's going to be epic.

If anyone has any questions about the area, just ask. I know all of the local watering holes and restaurants.
    Bigger then the Strawberry Festival?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer II View Post
    Wait four years and see them at the county fair for free.
    You think they can get on the County Fair circuit that quick? Who they gonna knock off? Hoobastank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Maybe I am crazy, but live music almost always disappoints.
    Depends on who you see, the venue you go to, and the crowd around you.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Bigger then the Strawberry Festival?

I caught the Columbus show last August. I attempted to get tickets for this show, but had to wait for confirmations from buddies...which prolonged the process that ended in disappointment because they sold out in less than 2.5 hours!

35,000 tickets selling that quickly is absurd. I understand this in one of only 3 stops in the US, but goodness. Oh well, I suppose there will be a next time (or not haha).

Enjoy the show (if you have and extra tickets, PM me lol)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Depends on who you see, the venue you go to, and the crowd around you.
    The venue and crowd really don't matter for me. I want to hear music. Sure, I guess some venues with TERRIBLE sound systems could be an issue. But really, I just want to listen to the music and listening to live music often disappoints. Maybe I just expect to much.

Turn Off Ads?