Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sappelt, Mesoraco, Valaika reassigned to Minor League Camp

Sappelt, Mesoraco, Valaika reassigned to Minor League Camp

Via twitter, @CincinnatiReds tweets that the roster is down to 30 as Sappelt, Mesoraco and Valaika have been reassigned. I'm sure we'll see these three on the big league roster at some point this summer. A lot of people were high on Sappelt and Mesoraco before Spring Training and their performance has only enhanced fans view of them.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sappelt, Mesoraco, Valaika reassigned to Minor League Camp

Too bad for Sappelt. Outstanding spring hitting .500+. Hope to see him on the 25 very soon.

That kinda stinks that Sappelt has been sent down after the way he played all spring. I'd at least like to see him get a shot until he proved he needs more work in the minors. I also thought Mesoraco might get a shot with Ramon being a little banged up, but I guess not.

I wonder how much of a factor Sappelt not being on the 40-man roster weighed into the decision to send him down. This Louisville team will be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    I wonder how much of a factor Sappelt not being on the 40-man roster weighed into the decision to send him down. This Louisville team will be fun to watch.
    I would like to think that it was really the only reason. He out played everybody in camp. It's too bad they didn't make room for him on the 40.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Its crazy, but I think AAA Louisville may be better than the Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBaker View Post
    Its crazy, but I think AAA Louisville may be better than the Pirates.
    the pirates will be decent this year. gone are the days of easily rolling the pirates in 2 of 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss the Baby00 View Post
    the pirates will be decent this year. gone are the days of easily rolling the pirates in 2 of 3
    Disagree.

The Pirates have some bats, but the starting pitching is still terrible.

I just looked at the bats roster and it has dontrelle willis on their pitching staff. did i miss something? i haven't seen anything about him getting cut yet. also, sappelt, valaika and mesoraco are on the roster, so it's up-to-date.

Quote Originally Posted by baron23 View Post
    I just looked at the bats roster and it has dontrelle willis on their pitching staff. did i miss something? i haven't seen anything about him getting cut yet. also, sappelt, valaika and mesoraco are on the roster, so it's up-to-date.
    Could be because Willis is not on the Reds 40-man roster and they have to put him somewhere? I haven't seen anything either that said Dontrelle was reassigned to Louisville.

Yes. Dontrelle was sent down...along with Hermida.

If it wasn't for Grandall and Alonso's contracts putting them on the 40 man roster,Sappelt would be going north.I wonder if all teams have any policy about putting prospects on the 40 man,or is it all by negotiations.
    Last edited by wlf WV; 03-27-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post
    If it wasn't for Grandall and Alonso's contracts putting them on the 40 man roster,Sappelt would be going north.I wonder if all teams have any policy about putting prospects on the 40 man,or is it all by negotiations.
    That's a BIG negoiating point for first rounds. I have to think it's becoming pretty much standard for a top prospect to be on the 40 man from the get go. Personally, I hate it.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Turn Off Ads?