Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Urban Meyer is full of it

Re: Urban Meyer is full of it

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    This guy is going to leave yall once the Irish realize they have a terrible coach. He did it to Utah and he did to it to Florida.
    Your forgetting the part where he has admitted OSU is his dream job. He grew up in Ohio, coached at OSU previously, and seems rather content at OSU. But other than that he is going to jump ship to ND who hasn't been relevant since the 80's.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Urban Meyer will jump ship because that is what Urban Meyer does.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Urban called ND his dream job more then once.

He likes to get to the top of the mountain, he does not like trying to stay there.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Urban Meyer will jump ship because that is what Urban Meyer does.
    Once. At Florida. When he left Bowling Green and Utah, can you really call that jumping ship? He was following the normal coaching path. Florida, yes, he had a meltdown and jumped ship. But he's not exactly Lou Holtz. Not yet, anyways.

OSU grabbed a hired gun. They don't stick around at the end of the movie....they either get shot or ride away with flames smoldering in the background.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    It's a pretty sad indictment if people put so much into hating a coach of a football team for this.
    Are we talking about the Urban haters of 2012 or the Urban haters of 2008?

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

I don't understand all the ''one and one''talk,about a man who is going to lead the team out of NCAA sanctions and back to respectability.Much like Saban has done at Alabama when they finally got out from under the NCAA's grasp.Why anyone would want to leave a coaching job at a premier football program for an irrelevant Notre Dame squad is beyond me.
    Last edited by AintlifeGrande; 08-29-2012 at 09:09 PM.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    I don't understand all the ''one and one''talk,about a man who is going to lead the team out of NCAA sanctions and back to respectability.Much like Saban has done at Alabama when they finally got out from under the NCAA's grasp.Why anyone would want to leave a coaching job at a premier football program for an irrelevant Notre Dame squad is beyond me.
    Alabama has vacated wins under Saban and has only spent a few months of his tenure actually off of NCAA probation. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    OSU grabbed a hired gun. They don't stick around at the end of the movie....they either get shot or ride away with flames smoldering in the background.
    I understand your opinion. Believe me, I have my own doubts. I'm not Urban's biggest fan. Never have been. And while I'm excited about his regime, I'm not drinking heavy Kool-Aid either.

That being said, we don't have to worry about him leaving any time soon. If he leaves OSU like he left Florida, and if it happens soon, he can kiss his coaching career goodbye. I think he understands that.

Is Saban really any different? The way he ditched Michigan State, LSU, and the Dolphins?

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post

That being said, we don't have to worry about him leaving any time soon. If he leaves OSU like he left Florida, and if it happens soon, he can kiss his coaching career goodbye. I think he understands that.
    Nah, he'll get another job, same as Bobby Petrino, winning makes everything else moot.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Going to be pretty honest.... part of this is probably because I have been in an extremely bad mood for about two weeks now. It just seems that every little thing really gets to me.
    I suggest going to mlb.com and pulling up the current mlb standings and just study that page for about ten minutes.Don't think about why the standings look the way they do just look at them for what they are.Make sure you check out the NL central real close and I think it will help.Doing this has been helping me when I've found myself in a bad mood lately.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Nah, he'll get another job, same as Bobby Petrino, winning makes everything else moot.
    Ohio State has always, always, always been Urban's dream job and don't let anyone tell you differently. It might not be his last job, but it's always been his most coveted job since he started coaching. That's in his authorized biography too, for the record. There's a whole chapter dedicated to his being a lifelong Ohio State fan and dreaming of coaching there one day.

Urban had been telling very close friends for the last several years that he hoped to have a shot at the Ohio State job. In fact, he had heard rumors that Tressel was going to retire in the next few years and when he left Florida, he told a few people he'd consider getting back into coaching if the Ohio State job opened up.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?