Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Monday, July 20, 2009 Minor League Updates

Re: Monday, July 20, 2009 Minor League Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Chris Heisey redux
    A left-handed Chris Heisey? I'll take it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I wouldn't have noticed it, but watching Fellhauer standing on the field right next to Andrew Means...there is no freaking way either of their heights are accurate in the roster listing. They've got Fellhauer at 5'11" and Means at 6'1". When they stand side-by-side, there's clearly more than 2 inches between them. My guess is that Fellhauer is actually 5'10", and Means is closer to 6'2".

Partch looked awesome early. Only gave up a bunt hit in the 3rd, faced the minimum number of batters until the 5th since Wideman threw out a guy at 2nd. Then they rocked him hard in the 5th.

Another thing you notice while watching the game in person...Rojas is one slick fielding dude. Like Doug has mentioned in the past, if he can hit, he's a legit prospect.

Oh, forgot to add Partch's pitch speeds. I'm not sure how accurate the Dayton gun is, but Partch was throwing his fastball consistently 91 or 92. Then his change-up or breaking ball (couldn't tell which, since I wasn't behind the plate), would come in at 81 or 82.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    A left-handed Chris Heisey? I'll take it.
    The difference is Heisey was a 17th round pick from a small d3 (?) school who started in Billings, while Fellhauer is a 7th round pick from powerhouse Cal State Fullerton, starting at Dayton. I'd say Fellhauer started off his career with a higher upside than Heisey's
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    The difference is Heisey was a 17th round pick from a small d3 (?) school who started in Billings, while Fellhauer is a 7th round pick from powerhouse Cal State Fullerton, starting at Dayton. I'd say Fellhauer started off his career with a higher upside than Heisey's
    Yes, but you could flip it and say Heisey currently has higher upside than the diminuitive Fellhauer.

Some people like to compare Yonder Alonso to Pujols, but you could also say that Alonso was drafted in the 1st round out of UMiami while Pujols was a 12th round pick out of community college. The point is hopefully Fellhauer can be a similar player to what Heisey is now.
    Last edited by Benihana; 07-21-2009 at 04:48 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Yea Fellhauer is higher up on the chart if you are looking at starting points.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    I wouldn't have noticed it, but watching Fellhauer standing on the field right next to Andrew Means...there is no freaking way either of their heights are accurate in the roster listing. They've got Fellhauer at 5'11" and Means at 6'1". When they stand side-by-side, there's clearly more than 2 inches between them. My guess is that Fellhauer is actually 5'10", and Means is closer to 6'2".
    at NFL pro day, Means measured at 72.5 inches

Anyone have any idea why he was a 7th rounder? He had good numbers at Cal State Fullerton. He doesnt have great base stealing numbers but from what I understand hes a very solid CF.

Is there some problem I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Anyone have any idea why he was a 7th rounder? He had good numbers at Cal State Fullerton. He doesnt have great base stealing numbers but from what I understand hes a very solid CF.

Is there some problem I'm missing?
    As I said before, his size lacks projection.

Also, his scouting report notes that he does everything well but nothing great. Somewhat reminiscent of Justin Turner, although I like Fellhauer's chances more.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    As I said before, his size lacks projection.

Also, his scouting report notes that he does everything well but nothing great. Somewhat reminiscent of Justin Turner, although I like Fellhauer's chances more.
    Yea I was just wondering if there is something I was missing outside of the little bit of obvious. He seems to be a pretty balanced player and came from a pretty good program. Just wondering. Thanks.

Turn Off Ads?