Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Boy crossed the bridge today...

My Boy crossed the bridge today...

My 17 year old cat crossed the rainbow bridge today. He had developed a cancerous tumor on his shoulder in January, and he told us yesterday it was time to let him go.

I am going to miss my grumpy, crotchety spoiled old man.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My Boy crossed the bridge today...

So sorry to hear that. My little Cockapoo crossed the bridge last Friday, it's never easy to lose a pet. Keep in mind that they will always be with you in your heart.

Sorry to hear, I lost my best friend almost 3 years ago and it's still tough.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    My 17 year old cat crossed the rainbow bridge today. He had developed a cancerous tumor on his shoulder in January, and he told us yesterday it was time to let him go.

I am going to miss my grumpy, crotchety spoiled old man.
    So sorry, lost my little runt last year to cancer and I'm still an empty shell without him (as his his brother) it's tough one but we all have to do it

Do not stand at my grave and forever weep.
    I am not there; I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
    When you awaken in the morning’s hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and forever cry.
    I am not there. I did not die.

6. Likes:

mdccclxix (06-25-2013),moewan (06-25-2013)

Thank you guys. Moewan, I'm so sorry for you, it just rips your heart out doesn't it.... And West, you have me crying again. We lost one of our girls last december, we call her and Guru our angel kitties now.

Anyone else who has lost a pet, do you "see" them still? Right after we lost Socks, I swore I occasionally "saw" her in her favorite places in the house. I know it was more wishful thinking than anything else, but it an odd way it helped deal with her not being here.

That's beautiful WOY

Thank you guys. And West, you have me crying again. We lost one of our girls last december, we call her and Guru our angel kitties now.

Anyone else who has lost a pet, do you "see" them still? Right after we lost Socks, I swore I occasionally "saw" her in her favorite places in the house. I know it was more wishful thinking than anything else, but it an odd way it helped deal with her not being here.
    I still see Coco Chanel here and there even though I know she's gone

Thank you guys. Moewan, I'm so sorry for you, it just rips your heart out doesn't it.... And West, you have me crying again. We lost one of our girls last december, we call her and Guru our angel kitties now.

My guy always sat on the water heater by the basement steps when I was down there doing stuff, his brother (and our new cat) never did or do. I see that guy there in my mind enough to look there every day as I walk by.

It's right there that my heart aches a little harder than any other time.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    My guy always sat on the water heater by the basement steps when I was down there doing stuff, his brother (and our new cat) never did or do. I see that guy there in my mind enough to look there every day as I walk by.

It's right there that my heart aches a little harder than any other time.
    I can completely understand. Socks was the only one who ever used the small scratching post. It still sits in the corner of the living room. And not having to pick up the towels Guru would drag through the house like a lion with his kill is just not right, that was a normal, every-day-when-I-came-home thing...

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    I still see Coco Chanel here and there even though I know she's gone
    What a perfect name for a cockapoo! Every one I've ever met has had a perfect little lady type personality. A friend of mine has one that I swear if she were human, she'd be the perfect sweet lady Melanie from Gone With The Wind.

What a perfect name for a cockapoo! Every one I've ever met has had a perfect little lady type personality. A friend of mine has one that I swear if she were human, she'd be the perfect sweet lady Melanie from Gone With The Wind.
    Thanks, she was quite the queen. I always said though that we were just pawns in her game of global domination.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Man, that stinks. You know, I still see the face of the one I only had a week before I got the one I have now. The other day I was mowing the lawn and I got kind of choked up when I walked by the edge of the trees where I buried him.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I'm very sorry for your loss foxfire. Many people don't understand that it's just like losing a family member. Often even harder.

I still see my old man boots in the shadows.

He was a tuxedo, and I swore never to get another one but when Votto picked us we didn't have a choice

Turn Off Ads?