Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Here is a suggestion. I think it has merit but who knows. Why not have a mod-for-a-week program? Let the people who are new, but not too new, get a chance to see how the other half lives. Maybe if everyone at some point in their Redszone life gets to experience the headaches and sleep deprivation that go along with being a mod there will be less griping? Maybe that is not possibly logistically. I don't know. If that is a dumb suggestion then just know that my evil twin sometimes trolls this board. =)~
    Its not a dumb suggestion, but you have loose cannons when it comes to power as well as everyone who would be trusted.

A person makes a post, nonoffense and good hearted in nature and just out of spite for past agruements etc..its deleted, closed etc. Realize I am not speaking about anyone in general. However, it happens.

I've modded a site of 2,500 people or more. I was a "manager" of the community and I knew how short-tempered peoeple were even among friends. Things get said, power gets abused. It happens.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

2. Turn Off Ads?

In reading through the game thread tonight, it doesn't appear to have changed much. I've seen a couple "Jon Coutlangus sucks" posts.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    In reading through the game thread tonight, it doesn't appear to have changed much. I've seen a couple "Jon Coutlangus sucks" posts.
    "Coutlangus sucks"
    "Lopez sucks"
    "Stanton sucks"

Saw all 3 of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    "Coutlangus sucks"
    "Lopez sucks"
    "Stanton sucks"

Saw all 3 of those.
    Can you provide links to each of those posts? I'd like to take a look for myself.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Can you provide links to each of those posts? I'd like to take a look for myself.
    2 of them in the same post.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...&postcount=337
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Thanks.

And the third?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Thanks.

And the third?
    I couldn't find one that said Stanton sucks, I guess I was mistaken.

My bad.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Coming from FCB, hearing that a player merely "sucks" is damn near close to an endorsement of his talent.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

If you want to pay me for the trouble, then I'm all for it. That engineering degree won't make me cheap though.

We do this on a strictly volunteer basis and receive nothing in return.
    I'll do it for 85% of paint's bid - but don't be surprised when we run over budget.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I may be one of the few but I like the changes. It seems to make sense and to be a much better way of regulating the site than the flawed rep system. Granted I didn't have ORG status to lose but I was pretty close. Anyone I appreciate the bold move made by Boss and GIK.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    And you're not even allowed to post on the board bearing your name.

Oh the irony.
    Wait... if SunDeck can't post on the ORG, then why does he still have his avatar? Just sayin'...
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Wait... if SunDeck can't post on the ORG, then why does he still have his avatar? Just sayin'...
    Uh, no. I can't post in the Sun Deck.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Uh, no. I can't post in the Sun Deck.
    Yes, I am an idiot. Sorry, misunderstood the conversation. No wonder I'm still in the SunDeck!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Yes, I am an idiot. Sorry, misunderstood the conversation. No wonder I'm still in the SunDeck!
    Yeah, and don't you forget it!!

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Personally, I prefer the reputation system to the current format. Granted, it had its flaws, but I love that the privilege of posting in The Old Red Guard was decided by every existing member of TORG, as opposed to select individuals (though let it be said that I have nothing against said individuals).

Instead of what was done, I would have changed the reputation system. Here are a few things I would have considered:

1. Each person may give reputation points to only one post per day. This way, you must be very selective about who receives your reputation points.

2. Find a way to award people with a high points-per-post ratio. For example, if I post 100 times per day, there's a good chance some people will like a few of my posts. However, the 95-or-so other posts would just pollute the forums. If there were a way a repuation points-per-post ratio could be factored, I would be much more selective about the posts I make.

3. This is my most simple idea: Just decrease the value of a reputation point. Either raise the number of points you need to post in The Old Red Guard or decrease the number of reputation points people can give.

All things said, I think the RedsZone is great, but I do feel it were a little unfair that the changes were made after my donation. I felt like my donation, albeit not huge, was made to help maintain RedsZone--not change it.

Turn Off Ads?