Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2011 Thread

Rumor is Matt Roark may be startong at QB

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: UK Football 2011 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Under. I think UK fans are extremly apathetic about this team and moreso the coaching regime. They just aren't going to go out and watch two poor teams play one another.
    I think it will be between 50-55K in the stands. Unfortunately, many of them will be wearing orange.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Rumor is Matt Roark may be startong at QB
    Yep, depending on if Morgan Newton or Max Smith can't go.

Roark did guarantee a victory against the Vols earlier this week. That being said, if we're starting our top receiver of late at QB, this could be embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

Before game today MB said Joker would be given time to turn program around. I thought he has turned it around because we was going in the right direction a couple of years ago.

Streak over
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

The defense was exceptional vs Georgia and UT !
    Course today, Dooley's using the other QB at the goal line helped too.

Happy for the win but not happy about another year of the Joker.

FWIW, there were 59,855 fans in attendance today at Commonwealth Stadium. Remarkably, only a portion of two sections were wearing that God-forsaken orange color.

Normally, when they think they can gobble up some cheap tix in Lexington, I-75 is thick with Volunteer fans and they are crawling all over the stadium.

I must say, I have been going to UK football games for about 35 years and I cannot recall watching a UK vs. UT game that was completely devoid of talent by either team.

No matter. The streak has ended and Tennessee can not back into any bowl games this year. Mission accomplished.

Last edited by WVRed; 11-27-2011 at 12:06 AM.

How many of the BBN knew the name Matt Roark before yesterday? How many D1 teams have WON a game with only 15 passing yards? I'm sure there are many that have lost.

UNC losing to UNLV made it a pretty good day to be a UK fan too.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

I genuinely hope Sea Ray at least comes by and offers his congratulations after lo these 26 years.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I genuinely hope Sea Ray at least comes by and offers his congratulations after lo these 26 years.

This is how a local writer put it:

There is simply no excuse to have a team arrive at its 12th game of the season — with a bowl bid on the line, no less — and play with so little organization and purpose as the Vols did last Saturday at Kentucky. It was the kind of epic mail-in that might keep the U.S. Postal Service afloat another couple of years.
    Why UT didn't give a **** amazes me. If they don't care, why should I?

I'm amazed they squeaked out one SEC win

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

This is how a local writer put it:

Why UT didn't give a **** amazes me. If they don't care, why should I?

I'm amazed they squeaked out one SEC win
    Any truth to the rumor Derek Dooley is now on the hot seat? I realize it won't be this year, but if UT doesn't take a major step forward, do you think he is out of a job?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Any truth to the rumor Derek Dooley is now on the hot seat? I realize it won't be this year, but if UT doesn't take a major step forward, do you think he is out of a job?
    Yes. He's got one more year. He'll have enough talent next year to compete in the SEC. If he doesn't make significant improvements he'll be gone at this time next year. Things were going great as of the UC game, then there were injuries and he didn't deal with it well. I understand injuries are tough and all but injuries didn't cause the lackluster effort seem vs UK. That's got to be on the coaching. They will change a few asst ccoaches. They've already forced the WR coach out

I wonder if they're going to poach Tee Martin, Sea Ray?

Turn Off Ads?