Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking - Alonso, Grandal, Volquez, Boxberger, Sappelt, Wood, Torreyes

Re: Tracking - Alonso, Grandal, Volquez, Boxberger, Sappelt, Wood, Torreyes

Didi Gregorius the last 28 days after his hot start: .244/.327/.326

2. Likes:

Vottomatic (06-18-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Didi - 297 avg, 367obp, 446 slg for an ops 810...which would have Didi as 3rd best offensive SS in NL this year. But he is cooling off quite a bit from his April start.

Cozart = 250 avg, 275 obp (dude can't take a walk), 392 slg for an ops of 667 ops which is 7th best in NL.

It fully appears Zack will get to 700 OPS and my bet is Didi ends up between 700-750 ops at the end of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I figured this thread about former Reds was as good a place as any for this: http://teespring.com/EncarnacionParrot

If you don't get it, google "Edwin Encarnacion Home Run Trot"

6. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-30-2013),Always Red (06-18-2013),Billy Hamilton's Legs (06-30-2013),Chip R (06-18-2013),dougdirt (06-18-2013),Fil3232 (06-30-2013),Kiko (06-29-2013),malcontent (06-29-2013),mbgrayson (06-30-2013),Number_Fourteen (07-06-2013),OesterPoster (07-03-2013),RedEye (06-18-2013),Revering4Blue (07-01-2013),RichRed (06-18-2013),Vottomatic (06-18-2013),westofyou (07-02-2013)

Adam Dunn is off the interstate. .200/.309/.469/.778 with 21 HR. His HR last night was career Home Run number 427 which moved him past HOF Billy Williams and into a tie with Mike Piazza for 45th on the all time list. Next up are teammate Paul Konerko and HOF Cal Ripken. He might get those by the ALL Star Break.

FWIW, Dunn is on the block and might be a real shot in the arm for some team. He had a horrid slow start, but over his last 30 days, he's been better than the old Adam Dunn with a line of .289/.420/.622/1.042 with 9 HR in 112 PAs. The Yankees should take a look at him with Texiera out and a need at 1B.

Just bringing up Dunn to give the board something to really argue about during this cold spell for the Reds. If that doesn't work, maybe I'll start a Pete Rose thread.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

8. Likes:

Fil3232 (06-30-2013),Joseph (06-30-2013),Revering4Blue (07-01-2013)

The DiDi Gregorious, we traded Barry Larkin while keeping Kurt Stillwell, is plummeting to earch

.286 avg, .348 obp, .417slg.....765ops and falling.

10. Likes:

reds44 (06-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    I like it, but would be much better if he had an eagle on his forearm. You don't need to put your arm out for a parrot on your shoulder.

Someone get on that.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

I wish him well.

Nationals released 1B/OF Micah Owings.

The 30-year-old was granted his release after opting out of his contract. Owings, who made the full-time transition to position player earlier this year, was batting .265/.305/.480 with eight home runs and a 71/10 K/BB ratio through 57 games with Triple-A Syracuse. It shouldn't be long before he latches on elsewhere.

Per Rotoworld.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Astros acquired INF Ronald Torreyes from the Cubs for cash considerations.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Astros acquired INF Ronald Torreyes from the Cubs for cash considerations.
    It looks like those cash considerations are international bonus pool dollars. Torreyes never really hit at the same level in the Cubs organization and still shows no pop. Still glad that there is less of a chance he tears it up in the Reds division. I really liked following "El Raton" as a propsect.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    It looks like those cash considerations are international bonus pool dollars. Torreyes never really hit at the same level in the Cubs organization and still shows no pop. Still glad that there is less of a chance he tears it up in the Reds division. I really liked following "El Raton" as a propsect.
    It's not like Darwin Barney at second base was an unmovable block for Torreyes.
    The Astros have Altuve, who can hit a bit more.

Not understanding the move.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post

I'm guessing that the Astros figured Torreyes was a better investment than whatever the international signing dollars would get them.

The trade between the Cubs and LA also involved international signing dollars (I think the Cubs gave up the $$, so I guess they replenished them with this trade).
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by UK Reds Fan View Post
    Didi - 297 avg, 367obp, 446 slg for an ops 810...which would have Didi as 3rd best offensive SS in NL this year. But he is cooling off quite a bit from his April start.
    Didi is now at .280/.346/.407/.753. Figure the .SLG number will continue to fall.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post

It appears Torreyes has entered the realm of minor league chaff. I know some on here are fans, but if he is being sold off like this, he doesn't have much value as a prospect anymore. Wish him the best, he is still young.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    It appears Torreyes has entered the realm of minor league chaff. I know some on here are fans, but if he is being sold off like this, he doesn't have much value as a prospect anymore. Wish him the best, he is still young.
    I'm not sure if I interpret the Torreyes trade the same way you do.

Torreyes still has elite contact skills and has great fielding ability and is an above average baserunner. I believe he still is valued as a prospect.

I believe the Astros agree as well. The international bonus pool money has some value to teams, at least it does with Theo Epstein. Many have argued, and I may agree, that the international bonus pool money was the most valuable piece coming back for Feldman.

Granted, Torreyes does not have the same value as Feldman, but I do not believe that hs is being viewed by the Cubs or Astros as minor league chaff.

21. Likes:

Redeyecat (07-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I'm not sure if I interpret the Torreyes trade the same way you do.

Torreyes still has elite contact skills and has great fielding ability and is an above average baserunner. I believe he still is valued as a prospect.

I believe the Astros agree as well. The international bonus pool money has some value to teams, at least it does with Theo Epstein. Many have argued, and I may agree, that the international bonus pool money was the most valuable piece coming back for Feldman.

Granted, Torreyes does not have the same value as Feldman, but I do not believe that hs is being viewed by the Cubs or Astros as minor league chaff.

Fair point. I would ask though, who is the Reds best prospect that you would be comfortable with putting on sale for international pool money?

Turn Off Ads?