Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shin-Soo Choo

Re: Shin-Soo Choo

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    I agree, I just dont think they're under the same "buy now pay later" philosophy they have been for so long.
    They are going to be paying later for...... forever! They have the worst of the worst contracts..

But if you ever watched the 30 for 30 on George Steinbrenner you know that the Yankees will spend whatever required to field a winner.

2. Turn Off Ads?

On base 11 times in past 12 plate appearances... WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Joesh View Post
    On base 11 times in past 12 plate appearances... WTF
    I was just saying that in the game thread. On base 11 times in two games. That has to be in the neighborhood of an all-time record.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I was just saying that in the game thread. On base 11 times in two games. That has to be in the neighborhood of an all-time record.
    For sure- and him and Votto are 1-2 in all of MLB in OBP. Pretty sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesh View Post
    For sure- and him and Votto are 1-2 in all of MLB in OBP. Pretty sick.
    The reds are leading the majors in runs as well. Someone get Harold Reynolds and make him understand walks are good.

I had a chance to see Hamilton play yesterday. I don't see anyway he is ML ready nex year. Well let me clarify, he wont be able to step in and do what Choo is doing. So why not lessen the stress, sign Choo, don't tell me we don't have the money we do. Then trade Ludwick, move Choo to Left field, leave him in the 1 spot in the order, play Hamilton in CF and bat him 8th for the 2014 season. Then in 15 bat him second.

If we sign Choo id bat him 2nd next year and and Billy Hamilton 1

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    we still dont know that hamilton will be on the roster next season. He still has ALOT of work to do. and by no means will he be putting up any numbers close to what choo has lately. Especially in his rookie year. And yes i am aware of trout and harpers rookie seasons.

I don't think that would work. I mean Choo is just really good at taking pitches and getting on base, which is exactly what you want at the top of your lineup.

question:

Do you keep Phillips has the clean up with that lineup?

If somehow choo and Hamilton end up in the same lineup I'd like to see Hamilton bat 2 and choo 1. Choo gets on base a ton, and can give an instant lead with a leadoff homer. Hamilton would see more fastballs to hit in front if votto. Also he could lay down a bunt to get choo over. Anytime billy lays down a bunt, there is a legitimate chance he'd get on first. So by getting him more fastballs, and by allowing him to bunt a lot, I think the two hole would limit the scope of his hitting weakness while making him a productive player by getting choo over.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    If somehow choo and Hamilton end up in the same lineup I'd like to see Hamilton bat 2 and choo 1. Choo gets on base a ton, and can give an instant lead with a leadoff homer. Hamilton would see more fastballs to hit in front if votto. Also he could lay down a bunt to get choo over. Anytime billy lays down a bunt, there is a legitimate chance he'd get on first. So by getting him more fastballs, and by allowing him to bunt a lot, I think the two hole would limit the scope of his hitting weakness while making him a productive player by getting choo over.
    Yesterday Hamilton bunted the ball almost right back to the pitcher on the first base side and HE still beat it out, both Pitcher and first basemen couldn't believe it...boy got speed.

We should resign choo play him in left. have Hamilton in center but bat him lower in the order to start off to take the pressure off. I believe ludwick is signed for next year that might cause a problem tho.

14. Likes:

KC2135 (04-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4486 View Post
    We should resign choo play him in left. have Hamilton in center but bat him lower in the order to start off to take the pressure off. I believe ludwick is signed for next year that might cause a problem tho.

Would have to agree with this

Turn Off Ads?