Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 5/9

Re: Reds vs. Brewers Wednesday 5/9

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I guess if you cherry pick which days to look at then just about anybody can be made to look good. All the games count last time I checked.
    Not so much cherry picking, since his move to the 2 hole things have looked a lot better for Stubbs. He may get back to his old ways and then we can pile on the guy, but as of late he's been one of our better players.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Not so much cherry picking, since his move to the 2 hole things have looked a lot better for Stubbs. He may get back to his old ways and then we can pile on the guy, but as of late he's been one of our better players.
    Yes it is cherry picking. Call it whatever you want. What if I cherry picked and said Stubbs is 0fer in his last 8 at-bats in the two-hole with four strikeouts?

All this magic about the two-spot and hitting in front of Votto is rubbish. Check out the 2-hole stats from 2010 and 2011. Nothing special.

I guess if you cherry pick which days to look at then just about anybody can be made to look good. All the games count last time I checked.

I am a Homer basher and as of right now can't say he has pitched that bad. Yes last night was a stinker, but please, provide the numbers to show his other starts have been bad so far this season. As for Drew, he has around the same number of strikeouts as Votto has, so again what numbers this season show you Drew isn't getting the job done?

lol, Cueto having the best AB so far

9 up, 9 down on Monday and the Reds busted out for five runs in the fourth. Let's see a repeat of that.

9 up, 9 down on Friday and the Reds busted out for five runs in the fourth. Let's see a repeat of that.
    Only problem is the guy on the hill for the Brewer is unbeatable at home, and with the Reds getting all their runs for this series on Monday...today is going to be a HUGE struggle...

Yes it is cherry picking. Call it whatever you want. What if I cherry picked and said Stubbs is 0fer in his last 8 at-bats in the two-hole with four strikeout?
    Lol that's two games. I mean I get that a lot of guys around here don't think Stubbs will amount to anything, but would you at least agree that everything about his approach at the plate has looked better in front of Votto?

Cherry picking or not, other than Bruce or Votto, offensively he's been the next biggest reason why this team has gone on a roll since our bad start.

I just don't get the constant need to rip on someone every time he doesn't go 3-5.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I am a Homer basher and as of right now can't say he has pitched that bad. Yes last night was a stinker, but please, provide the numbers to show his other starts have been bad so far this season. As for Drew, he has around the same number of strikeouts as Votto has, so again what numbers this season show you Drew isn't getting the job done?
    .250/.294/.375/.669

Compared to Rolen he's Carlos Beltran though.

And I don't see the constant need to ignore reality. Stubbs has not played well this year. That is a fact. That is not ripping on anybody. If someone says he is playing really well, I am probably gonna disagree every time.
    Last edited by texasdave; 05-09-2012 at 01:47 PM.

One run might win this game.

And I don't see the constant need to ignore reality. Stubbs has not played well this year. That is a fact. That is not ripping on anybody. If someone says he is playing really well, I am probably gonna disagree every time.
    So your saying he hasn't met your expectation of what he should play? Because overall his numbers are about what should be expected from him in my opinion.

Two on for Braun. Grrr.

2-0. Not good.

6 straight balls for Cueto now

This is an Ace moment.

Turn Off Ads?