Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jay Bruce generosity knows no bounds

Jay Bruce generosity knows no bounds

Great article by Daugherty on the generosity of Jay Bruce, who will be dedicating a field to Brian Wilson, the Reds scout who signed him and passed away a year later at the age of 33. Jay Bruce is a special person. Everything I've ever read about him backs that up. I hope he's a lifetime Red.

Bruce won’t stop there. He’s taking over for Aaron Harang in the free-ticket business. He will maintain Aaron’s Aces, Harang’s ticket giveaway to military families. He will add a second ticket program, for families of special needs kids, to honor his 28-year-old sister Kellan. Kellan Bruce was born with her umbilical cord wrapped twice around her neck. The initial loss of oxygen left her mentally disabled
    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...nows-no-bounds

And I know we all get frustrated with Cordero around here but check out the little tidbit on him.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 01-21-2011 at 09:01 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Re: Jay Bruce generosity knows no bounds

He's a great kid and already a heck of a major leaguer. I'm glad he'll be around for awhile. Good to see him pick up Arron's Aces from another good sport in Harang.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Thanks for sharing the link OBM.

And I know we all get frustrated with Cordero around here but check out the little tidbit on him.
    Indeed. Could be the first fans have heard about it.

Humble kid. I hope he is Red for life.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    Humble kid. I hope he is Red for life.
    Agreed, great article and Jay Bruce is a class act.

I hate to be the Debby Downer of this thread, but when writing a feel-good article like this with very little facts can Daugherty at least get the easy ones right? Class A Billings, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Agreed, great article and Jay Bruce is a class act.

I hate to be the Debby Downer of this thread, but when writing a feel-good article like this with very little facts can Daugherty at least get the easy ones right? Class A Billings, really?
    I'm willing to overlook a small misstatement. In fact, Wilson did get as far as High A (Winston-Salem) with stops in Billings (start) and Charleston (mid and finish). He appears to have just crossed the clubs.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Bruce is a very generous person and a heck of a ballplayer. It is great to see someone like him helping others.

Stories like this allow you to see the person beyond just statistics. Bruce is a guy you want to pull for.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

A very good person who is a regular guy and also happens to be good at baseball.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Turn Off Ads?