Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationals recall Bryce Harper

Re: Nationals recall Bryce Harper

That was a straight bullet from LF that Bryce threw. If only Ramos could have held on.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I like this kid a lot. Hope he's up for good. Very exciting to watch. He can do it all.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    dead spin user comment.... "from what I saw it appears the guy mooning needs to Shavez Ravine" lol
    I love deadspins humor, but I was struck by a comment in another Harper thread.

(paraphrasing)

"Vin Scully called Bryce Harper's first game tonight. He also called Mickey Mantle's first game."

Let that one sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Did he knock his helmet off on purpose running to second on his double?

have to show off that rockin rattail/mullet, bro
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

He looked like a young Charlie Hustle with those socks.... and the way he ran the bases.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

have to show off that rockin rattail/mullet, bro
    #swag

He's only three years older than me. Wonder who the first MLB'er younger than me will be?

And that double was smashed to CF. It was a great throw too. What surprised me most was his speed though. He's very fast for a power hitter/ former catcher.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He also has one of the lamest tattoos in baseball

That tells me a lot about this kid.

Does he tattoo his own name on his torso in case he forgets who he is?
    sorry we're boring

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

The only game this season I watched every pitch. Exciting on many levels. Harper was impressive. I was really impressed with the way Strasburg neutralized Kemp, only to have Kemp put his Superman outfit back on in time to win the game.

Strasburg is "wildly effective" with that stunning fastball. I love the fact that he didn't use his curve until he had too and then didn't throw a change up until the 6th inning. His mechanics will not allow him to be consistent as he needs to be, but it almost becomes a non issue when he is showing this much dominance. Very reminiscent of a young Ryan.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I have to laugh at the people who were like "How can the Dodger fans boo him?" Uh, anyone who has followed Harper knows he's had a tendency to act like a jerk at times. Think that might have had something to do with it? Can't expect to be a jerk and be loved by everyone. He played his one season of "college ball" somewhat near LA, so I'm sure the fans there are well aware of him. And, yes, some of the fans were just being jerks themselves, but I thought the whole thing was funny. Here is this cocky kid coming up for his first AB in the Majors and the Dodger fans were having none of it. This is why it's good for players to make their debuts at home. Ha. Then he would have received a standing O. I'm sure he still will when he comes up for his first AB in DC.

Well with that double last night by Harper, Cozart is no longer in the lead for ROY unfortunately.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I have to laugh at the people who were like "How can the Dodger fans boo him?" Uh, anyone who has followed Harper knows he's had a tendency to act like a jerk at times. Think that might have had something to do with it? Can't expect to be a jerk and be loved by everyone. He played his one season of "college ball" somewhat near LA, so I'm sure the fans there are well aware of him. And, yes, some of the fans were just being jerks themselves, but I thought the whole thing was funny. Here is this cocky kid coming up for his first AB in the Majors and the Dodger fans were having none of it. This is why it's good for players to make their debuts at home. Ha. Then he would have received a standing O. I'm sure he still will when he comes up for his first AB in DC.
    We all have a tendency to act like a jerk, sometimes. The difference is, we don't all have eyes on us every second of the day.

I think he is cocky and am not a fan...

But if he hustles the rest of his career like he did last night I'm sure I will come around.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    We all have a tendency to act like a jerk, sometimes. The difference is, we don't all have eyes on us every second of the day.
    I have never done most of the things the Harper has done that has given him a bad reputation, nor would I ever do them. Neither have most major leaguers.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    True ... and I'm sure Harper doesn't have a problem with the reaction from Dodger fans. He seems like the kind of kid that feeds off the hate. And if it does bother him, too bad. Want to be loved by everyone? Don't act like a jerk. Course, he might not care in the least about being loved by everyone.

Turn Off Ads?