Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Watch for this one on SportsCenter

Watch for this one on SportsCenter

Full swing slow roller twards 2nd baseman just gets past the pitcher trying to field it (this one looks like a Norris Hopper bunt).

The 2nd baseman runs in and swipes the ball, with his glove toward the 1B. The ball is not caught and then flipped with the glove, the player just makes a swipe with his glove and the ball goes toward the 1B.

The 1B then catches it in his bare hand....for the bang-bang out.

Crazy.

Meanwhile, Texas, with Hamilton 0-4, leads the Sox 8-4.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Watch for this one on SportsCenter

what game?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    what game?
    Texas leads the White Sox 8-4 in the 7th.

Play can be seen on MLB Gameday right now - no need to suffer through SportsCenter.

It wasn't just any flip -- he backhanded it. I've never seen a player do that before. Wow.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

ive tried that before....it didn't work out like that...at all, i flicked it off the runner as he was running down the line, and i was impressed with myself that i came that close to getting it to the base.
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Play can be seen on MLB Gameday right now - no need to suffer through SportsCenter.

It wasn't just any flip -- he backhanded it. I've never seen a player do that before. Wow.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200807233182512

And Konerko caught it with his barehand.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Worth The Wait

One of the cool things about baseball.....thousands of games, thousands of plays, yet there's always a chance you'll see something for the first time. Definitely hadn't seen that one before

Turn Off Ads?