Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DUHsty quote, from Lance, per ORG

DUHsty quote, from Lance, per ORG

"I have never wanted to win more than I do right here, and I will, but this is Wayne Krivsky's team, not Walt Jocketty's and not mine. I just hope there is enough out there after the season that we can get to help us." - Dusty Baker in Dayton Daily News

also quoted from this thread:

Quote:
    2/1/08 Signed C Paul Bako and LHP Scott Sauerbeck to Minor League contracts and invited them to Spring Training.

3/3/08 Signed 2B Jerry Hairston and OF Corey Patterson to Minor League contracts with invitations to Spring Training.
    """
    """

Wow. I am REALLY disappointed if Dusty said that. Seriously, what a CROCK!!!

He had MAJOR say in the construction of this 25/40 man roster.

What about all he said and did about Stanton, and even Bruce pre-season.

He couldn't have had ANYTHING to do with CFP being signed instead of someone REALISTIC like Kenny Lofton to come play CF for a year. $3M for CFP. STILL can't get over that.

And, yet another quote from the ORG thread:
    ""
    Dusty was the wrong hire for the 2008 Reds... this was never going to be the type of team that would play to his strengths, instead it was just going to put a spotlight his weaknesses.
    ""

OBVIOUSLY this has shown to be true. He has done NOTHING to help himself by utilizing the players he HAD on this team to the Best of their Abilities. CFP's 134 AB's in the leadoff spot exemplifies this the best of course.
    He's gotten a bit better as of late, but it shouldn't take 4 months of ineptitude to determine that CFP needs to bat in the 7/8/9 range - I would seriously consider batting the pitcher in front of him.

This is truly unclassy of Dusty. I knew he wasn't the smartest stats-guy out there, but I always thought he had at least some shred of integrity and class, but this has me seriously re-thinking that.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: DUHsty quote, from Lance, per ORG

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    "I have never wanted to win more than I do right here, and I will, but this is Wayne Krivsky's team, not Walt Jocketty's and not mine.
    Wayne hired DUSTY soooooo DUSTY should go then.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

This is absolutely pathetic, Dusty showing everybody the true weasel that he is. I'm pretty sure all Reds fans are in agreement that it hasn't worked out and Dusty needs to go.

http://www.kffl.com/player/4710/MLB

I find it curious that Dusty would say this is Krivsky's team and run from any responsibility in regards to the construction of the team in light of this blurb.

Reds | Baker's job to include advising GMWed, 31 Oct 2007 23:17:36 -0700

John Fay, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Reds manager Dusty Baker will act as an adviser to general manager Wayne Krivsky on personnel matters prior to the 2008 season. "We've talked briefly - not in depth," Baker said. "We're going to talk more. We're going to talk about what we need, who's been healthy, who's been injured, try to find out why. Dissect the team as much as I can before the winter meetings. Most of that is Wayne's department. But I'm there as an adviser."

Keep in mind quotes are taken out of context almost all the time.

But yeah, if he said that than Dusty has some serious explaining to do.

I remember when I first heard the news that the Reds had hired Dusty Baker. I remember what I thought would happen.

...and here we are. How many years left on Baker's contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye fly View Post

Not sure what context that statement could be taken out of, that would make it anything that couldn't be considered pure blasphemy.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Fon Duc Tow View Post
    I remember when I first heard the news that the Reds had hired Dusty Baker. I remember what I thought would happen.

...and here we are. How many years left on Baker's contract?
    True that - he might as well say "I can't win with CFP, Jerry Hairston, and Paul Bako - even though I told Wayne to go get them. I CAN win with a Sammy Sosa or a Barry Bonds and 2-3 All-Star pitchers though!!"

When is Castellini going to come out and say he can't win with Dusty Baker filling out the lineup card every game?!!?

PEACE

-BLEEDS

YAWN. Another day in Redspoopland.

Man Dusty cant say anything he makes dumb decesions but he is speaking the truth this roster is awful. They could Dusty tonight and i could careless but this roster needs a major overhaul. You can give the Corey P agurment and your right and that Paul Bako sucks and your right even though Ross and Javy suck too. The point is Arroyo has the worst ERA for a starter in baseball (WK guy) Josh Fogg (WK guy) ERA over 7. We can a shortstop in Kepp who cant hit anymore and never could play defense. So blame Dusty and I blame him too but until there is an upgrade of talent it wont matter. Lets not forget WK put together the worst bench in the history of baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    YAWN. Another day in Redspoopland.
    Never has someone summed up my feelings so succinctly.

Dusty should be charged with attempted murder for throwing Wayner under the bus like that.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Not sure what context that statement could be taken out of, that would make it anything that couldn't be considered pure blasphemy.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    You're probably right. But I just don't necessarily trust or believe a lot of what's put out there by the media... even though I actually work for Dayton Daily News.

But I suppose it would be a bit of poetic justice for Walt to say, Dusty was a Wayne Krivsky guy, not mine, so he's out of here.

But of course, I think he was probably a Bob Castellini guy as well, so that probably won't happen just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye fly View Post

Almost word for word what I was going to say. It's such and outrageous statement I'd have to see the rest of the interview.

Dusty still playing Corey Patterson is all that needs to be said here.

For example:

Hypothetical question:
    "Dusty, how do you respond to criticism saying the reason the Reds losing isn't because of the talent on the team, but rather is a direct result of you and WJ's lackadaiscial attitude about winning?"

Dusty:
    "I have never wanted to win more than I do right here, and I will, but this is Wayne Krivsky's team, not Walt Jocketty's and not mine. I just hope there is enough out there after the season that we can get to help us."

See, in that context it's a perfectly reasonable and appropriate response!
    Last edited by kpresidente; 08-04-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Turn Off Ads?