Thread: Tuesday 5/1/2012 Minor League Updates

Re: Tuesday 5/1/2012 Minor League Updates

Hamilton's 2012 season: .402 / .481 / .598 / 1.079
    29 SB 6 CS 14:18 BB:K ratio

League-leading numbers bolded

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I believe its proper name is the Hornsby line.
    I believe you are correct, Sir. Is there any truth to the rumor that eating a Cobb salad for lunch every day increases one's chances of reaching and staying above the Hornsby line?

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Taco Tuesday in Bakersfield. Sounds like the ol' bucket list might require a little tinkering.
    I always thought Taco Tuesday in Bakersfield was pretty much a given.

Whooooooooooooo a total of 222 fans for Taco Tuesday in Bakersfield. What a joke! Just how soon can we get our A+ team outta there? Not soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by billy bob View Post
    Whooooooooooooo a total of 222 fans for Taco Tuesday in Bakersfield. What a joke! Just how soon can we get our A+ team outta there? Not soon enough...
    I'm betting Fajita Friday blows that out of the water.

This has got to be the worst... get us outta here... PLEASE... Anywhere would be better. The Bakersfield owners and community should be ashamed of themselves. 222 fans/ bodies

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

This has got to be the worst... get us outta here... PLEASE... Anywhere would be better. The Bakersfield owners and community should be ashamed of themselves. 222 fans/ bodies
    Bakersfield actually has brand new owners this year. They have already made 5 major improvements, including PAVED parking for the first time. They also re-did several things within the stadium. They seem to care about improving the product that they have control over (since they can't control the product on the field).

Doug, I understand what you are saying about new management and the few improvements they are doing to the outside of the stadium but what are they doing to the inside of the stadium. What about the little league size field, the worst infield in minor league baseball, the outdated dugouts, the outdated locker rooms, the poor attendance (looks like they have a pretty good and fun produce on the field to watch and still 200 fans). I know the Reds brass didn't have a lot of say in the matter of relocating there but its now time to get out.

The Reds' organization should fix that infield. Another case of being penny wise and pound foolish.

Doug, I understand what you are saying about new management and the few improvements they are doing to the outside of the stadium but what are they doing to the inside of the stadium. What about the little league size field, the worst infield in minor league baseball, the outdated dugouts, the outdated locker rooms, the poor attendance (looks like they have a pretty good and fun produce on the field to watch and still 200 fans). I know the Reds brass didn't have a lot of say in the matter of relocating there but its now time to get out.
    Rumor has it they are trying to work on getting a new stadium. I don't know if there is any truth there at all though. Simply a rumor at this point. This new ownership bought the team within the last 6 weeks. There is only so much they can do right now, during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Have you had a chance to see how hard Obispo is throwing? I got a chance to see him on Milb.tv the other day, but the announcers gave no readings and the online video was about a full minute ahead of the Blue Wahoos online radio broadcast so I couldn't listen with such a delay.
    What I will do tommorow since it is a doubleheader is record an inning of his work for you and chart his pitching. I am sure he will get some work in with tonight off.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    What I will do tommorow since it is a doubleheader is record an inning of his work for you and chart his pitching. I am sure he will get some work in with tonight off.
    That would be fantastic. Thanks.

Turn Off Ads?