Turn Off Ads?

Thread: winter caravan questions

winter caravan questions

I plan on attending my first reds winter caravan this saturday in Bowling Green, KY. Had some questions to you fellow caravan vets out there about what to expect. Will autographs be allowed, if so, is it a situation where you will have to buy a photo or something at the event or can you bring your own items. Limit to the number of items? Also, it mentioned that they will be raffling off tickets to opening day, is this something they have done in the past? If so, how much are raffle tickets and will there be a limit to how many you can purchase? Any other items that they may be giving away or selling chances on? I know this is the first time they are coming to Bowling Green (hopefully not the last) and didn't know if I could expect the same set up there as in other locations
    "He couldn't hit that pitch with an ironing board Joe"-Marty B.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: winter caravan questions

You are limited to one autograph per person. You can either bring your own item, or use a sheet they provide (for free) wtih pictures of each of the celebs. Basically, after the talk and Q&A, they line everyone up and you file by a long table where all they are all sitting. At least at the one I went to last year, they were also very good about posing for a picture or two.
    Sto Pro Veritate

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girevik View Post
    You are limited to one autograph per person. You can either bring your own item, or use a sheet they provide (for free) wtih pictures of each of the celebs. Basically, after the talk and Q&A, they line everyone up and you file by a long table where all they are all sitting. At least at the one I went to last year, they were also very good about posing for a picture or two.
    I have been to a couple, and this is all correct. I recommend bringing a wife, gf, or child with you to get an additional autograph and to act as a photog.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

The caravan has grown exponentially just like Redsfest. I wouldn't count on anything or you might be disappointed. With the playoff season last year it is likely to be a zoo this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I recommend bringing a wife, gf, or child with you to get an additional autograph and to act as a photog.
    That's exactly what I did last year (kind of in reverse). I wasn't really concerned about getting autographs, but was primarily focused on getting pictures of my son with the players...particularly since we lucked into getting Phillips, who is his favorite player (Brandon even took my son's picuure because he was wearing his #4 shirt).
    Sto Pro Veritate

The Kid

im over in afghanistan right now, so im having my mom go to the stop in Muncie. I really want Phillips auto. been trying to get it for the past 2 years but keep missing out when i get to go to a game. wish i could go though.

They'll be in Louisville tomorrow (Thursday).

Quote Originally Posted by K30 View Post
    im over in afghanistan right now, so im having my mom go to the stop in Muncie. I really want Phillips auto. been trying to get it for the past 2 years but keep missing out when i get to go to a game. wish i could go though.
    K30-
    Thanks for your service! Brandon is one of the best on this team as far as fan interaction and appreciating that fans follow him. He is great about signing autographs in person, but also responds fairly well through the mail from my experience. If your mom isnt able to get him at that, I would recomend writing him a letter and sending hima picture or something to sign, I woudl bet you would have success that way. If you dont, let me know, and I would be happy to send you a card that he signed for me last year.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

It's actually not the first time they've been in Bowling Green. The caravan made a stop here in 2009 as well. It was also at the mall and the setup was a 'stage' of sorts set up in the area in front of JCPenney / Chuck E Cheese. There was a long table set up on an elevated stage where each Reds participant sat. They had a few rows of seats set up in front of the stage for fans to sit, but not many people were using them because most fans began lining up in the autograph line an hour and a half or so before the event was scheduled to begin. There was a quick question/answer session and then fans were allowed to obtain one autograph from each participant. If I recall, you could either have them sign a photo provided by the Reds or one of your personal items. I don't recall any raffles at that event. I would expect the one this year to be quite a bit more crowded as it is on a Saturday afternoon when the mall is already busy. In 2009, it was held on a weeknight and had a moderate crowd show up.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue93_2000 View Post
    I plan on attending my first reds winter caravan this saturday in Bowling Green, KY. Had some questions to you fellow caravan vets out there about what to expect. Will autographs be allowed, if so, is it a situation where you will have to buy a photo or something at the event or can you bring your own items. Limit to the number of items? Also, it mentioned that they will be raffling off tickets to opening day, is this something they have done in the past? If so, how much are raffle tickets and will there be a limit to how many you can purchase? Any other items that they may be giving away or selling chances on? I know this is the first time they are coming to Bowling Green (hopefully not the last) and didn't know if I could expect the same set up there as in other locations

I was at the Caravan in Louisville tonight. Reminded me of Reds Fest...2.5 hours of standing in line for a signature.

I work as a "stringer" for my local newspaper here in Athens, and I went last night and got interviews with Dusty Baker (super nice guy) and Travis Wood (barely recognized him with the shaved head, but also really nice)

The Kid

ended up not getting Phillips auto like i was hoping for. my mom wrote me and said that when they got out there(in Munice) that it was packed. They were taking more questions/photos than autographs. so she wasnt able to get one. 3rd time now i've missed out on getting his auto lol

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Did a live broadcasr for the radio station I work for yesterday during the western leg of the Caravan. I interviewed Brandon Phillips, Marty, Bob Miller, and Mes. I have to say Marty is a wonderful interview and was also very personable and genuine. I will try to get the interviews up on here after I have a chance to hit the editing room tomorrow afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    Did a live broadcasr for the radio station I work for yesterday during the western leg of the Caravan. I interviewed Brandon Phillips, Marty, Bob Miller, and Mes. I have to say Marty is a wonderful interview and was also very personable and genuine. I will try to get the interviews up on here after I have a chance to hit the editing room tomorrow afternoon.
    Marty gets bashed a lot, but he is one of the coolest, most genuine people in sports I have ever met. He went out of his way at spring trianing one year to talk with my dad and I, as well as broadcasted NCAA basketball scores over the air for us during the game.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?