Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/20 Miami vs the Reds

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 4/20 Miami vs the Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    Reds really aren't deserving of the calls anyway, florida deserves to win this game and series imo
    Again...are you REALLY a Reds fan?

And it's "Miami" btw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    I think it is a fair point. It's not like he is saying Heisey the person is a moron he is just saying he doesn't always make the best baseball decisions and it seems fair. Excessive would be the crap Mike Leake or Jay Bruce get. And I don't think it is a personal attack.
    Calling into question a player's intelligence is excessive, especially since there's no way anyone can back up such remarks. How can you argue with "his baseball IQ is 53."

That's just a cheap shot. There's nothing anyone can say to that. It's a gratuitous slam that has no place here IMHO.

At least a person can use stats to show someone isn't getting the job done. But you can't discuss some made up baseball IQ number when a player is getting ripped on.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

4. Likes:

RedsfaninMT (04-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post

And it's "Miami" btw.
    yes i'm a reds fan and i expect success for every team i cheer for and i call it how i see it. I still call the Marlins Florida because that's what they originally were and i still call Tampa Bay the Devil Rays

Lecure looking great!

NICE! Sit down! Good job Sam.

let's go Heisey!
    Is it "next season" yet?

9. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-20-2013)

Please pinch hit Paul for Heisey.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post

And it's "Miami" btw.
    He's probably not. This is his M.O. on every board he posts. He constantly uses every situation to rip on a team and when things are going well, he goes silent.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

LeCure runs the FB back over the inside edge.

You knew it was coming. Pierre didn't.

Grrr ... I thought it was a night game. I hate when that happens. I just got home. Usually when I jump in a game thread late in an undecided game, we win. Hopefully that magic works again today. I see Joey has his stick working. I said last night when he got that last AB bloop single it might light a fire under him. Maybe that's happening.

If there are 3 borderline calls I think the home team should at least get 1 if not 2, but the umps are doing their best, nothing questionable going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Calling into question a player's intelligence is excessive, especially since there's no way anyone can back up such remarks. How can you argue with "his baseball IQ is 53."

That's just a cheap shot. There's nothing anyone can say to that. It's a gratuitous slam that has no place here IMHO.

At least a person can use stats to show someone isn't getting the job done. But you can't discuss some made up baseball IQ number when a player is getting ripped on.
    I get what you're saying I just think it feels like Heisey does a lot of popping the ball up in big spots and really tends to swing first pitch and do nothing in spots like that. That being said I hate when people say things like "it feels like" and don't back it up with numbers. I get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    yes i'm a reds fan and i expect success for every team i cheer for and i call it how i see it. I still call the Marlins Florida because that's what they originally were and i still call Tampa Bay the Devil Rays
    Good to know. I really wasn't sure. Simply put, I can't recall the last time I saw you post something positive or hopeful for the Reds. Everything seems to be slamming them down or ridiculing their chances. Seems like an odd way to follow a team is all.

LOL, Heisey not looking good.

Webb on the mound for the fish. Time for Heisey to shut people up. *grin* And no, I'm NOT holding my breath. :O)

~edit~ Although, considering the length of that at bat...I very well could have. Ugh.

Turn Off Ads?