Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/11/07 Minor League updates

Re: 8/11/07 Minor League updates

Louisville down 2-0 in bottom of the 5th.

Saarloos 5 IP, 4H, 2R, 1ER, 2K.

Bruce with a throwing error that leads to an unearned run on a thorwing error by Votto. They should fit in on the Reds.
    Last edited by mth123; 08-11-2007 at 07:32 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Votto with a bases loaded double. 3-2 Louisville.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

3 -2 Louisville after 5. Salmon in.

Sarasota wins 1st game of DH 2-1.

Ondrusek 5 IP, 2H, 2BB, 2K.
    Watson 3 IP, 2H, 1ER, 1K. Watson gets the win.

Valaika 3 for 4.

Salmon mows down the 2,3 and 4 hitters in the 6th with K, FO, K.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Sarasota wins 1st game of DH 2-1.

Ondrusek 5 IP, 2H, 2BB, 2K.
    Watson 3 IP, 2H, 1ER, 1K. Watson gets the win.

Valaika 3 for 4.
    Is Watson on in a relief appearance? Looks like it was time to quit trying to make him a starter? I was hoping he would stick, but we do need BP arms.

Valaika sure is starting to rake after such a slow start.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Louisville pen trying to be like the big club.

After getting 5 outs Salmon walks back to back guys. Coultlangus comes in and walks one and allows a 2 run single (runs charged to Salmon) and Norfolk scores 2 in the 7th.

Pelland on in the 8th. Allows 2 singles and walk a sac fly and a walk. Game tied at 5 in the top of 8 with the bases loaded and 1 out.

Pelland bounces back with back to back K's.

Is Watson officially converted or are they just giving him the Travis Webb treatment?

They are probably trying to keep Watson's innings down. This is most likely the most innings he has pitched, by far.

How about some love for Zach Cozart? I didn't like it when he was picked, you didn't like it when he was picked, no one really liked it when he was picked, but he's hitting .333 w/ 3 BBs, 3 2B, and 2 HR over his last ten games (33 ABs). He seems to have made the adjustment. So far he is 2-3 with another double tonight.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Louisville win 7-5 on a 2 Run Aaron Herr HR with 2 outs in the ninth (following a Votto single).

McBeth gets the win with a shakey 9th. 1 IP, 2H, 1K.
    Last edited by mth123; 08-11-2007 at 09:14 PM.

Chattanooga update: tied at 3 after five full innings. Rosales with a double and a triple so far. Dushan Ruzic on in relief of Justin Mallett. They must be fast-tracking Ruzic. Signed out Australia he is 25 and is listed as being 6'8" and 277 pounds. He started out at Sarasota and pitched well. This earned him a promotion to Chattanoogo. In his first 9 innings at Chattanooga he has allowed only 1 hit and 3 walks, while striking out 6. Keep an eye on him.

Second game at Sarasota is listed as postponed (lightning).

Todd Frazier with three more hits tonight for Billings. On fire. Good supplemental first round draft pick.

Turn Off Ads?