Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson loses his son

Re: Adrian Peterson loses his son

The reports I read are that AP did not even know about this kid until 3 months ago. When the mother told him, he didn't question her and asked how he could help. He then made plans to meet the child soon so he could be a part of his life. Now I don't know what the truth actually is, but that's a far cry from what you have portrayed. But judge away if it makes you feel better.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (10-12-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    The reports I read are that AP did not even know about this kid until 3 months ago. When the mother told him, he didn't question her and asked how he could help. He then made plans to meet the child soon so he could be a part of his life. Now I don't know what the truth actually is, but that's a far cry from what you have portrayed. But judge away if it makes you feel better.
    Hey, man, I'll keep giving my opinion of the thread topic, based on numerous things I've read, and you can keep going after me. Classy stuff.

A child died because of abuse. That's always a tragedy. Kids don't get to pick their parents and caretakers. They have to trust the ones that are there. They have no choice. Sometimes, they also have no chance.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-13-2013),Revering4Blue (10-13-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Hey, man, I'll keep giving my opinion of the thread topic, based on numerous things I've read, and you can keep going after me. Classy stuff.
    are you kidding me

Alright folks, let's not have this turn into a personal bickering match.

A child is dead. No need to let our own personal differences get in the way of paying our respects and expressing sympathy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I wondered what kind of relationship that Peterson had with his son. After reading this thread I can start to form a picture. I wondered when the story came out what impact AP would have had if he played a "father" roll in this child's life.

Its heartbreaking to read a story about a kid beaten to death by an adult. Its also sad to find out that someone had a son of 2 years old who he had never been involved with. I look at my daughter and just think why? Why all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Its heartbreaking to read a story about a kid beaten to death by an adult. Its also sad to find out that someone had a son of 2 years old who he had never been involved with. I look at my daughter and just think why? Why all the way around.
    He didn't know about this son until 3 months ago.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    What a guy!

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    I'm not trying to say AP is some saint but that article was a drive-by hack job.

Throwing around terms like "baby mama" left and right and completely ignoring the fact that AP didn't know the kid even existed for a majority of the child's life while chastising him for not providing a better life is pretty weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

16. Likes:

wolfboy (10-15-2013),Wonderful Monds (10-15-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I'm not trying to say AP is some saint but that article was a drive-by hack job.

Throwing around terms like "baby mama" left and right and completely ignoring the fact that AP didn't know the kid even existed for a majority of the child's life while chastising him for not providing a better life is pretty weak.
    It was the NY Post......

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post

Baby Mama refers to his behavior before the kid was born. It's irresponsible to go around having unprotected sex with so many women because pregnancies can and do result. When that happens it's the kids that suffer. That's exactly what happened here

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-15-2013),jimbo (10-15-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (10-16-2013)

The part I don't understand is how not knowing you have a child is some sort of excuse?

Turn Off Ads?