Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Adios Rich Rodriguez

Re: Adios Rich Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    This.

I know many a UM fan that was hoping he'd tank, he's not a UM caliber guy, never was and never will be evidently.

Thank god.

Probably won't get into Bushwood any time soon either, eh?

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Hello Brady Hoke........
    Yep, that's my thinking.

And that doesn't exactly make me grin.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I don't know why they hired him in the first place. It's taken them 3 yrs to see the error of their ways

"Good news, honey. I got a new job. Pack up the house & kids, 'cuz we're moving to metro Detroit!"

I know what kind of response that would get at my house.

(Hint: It rhymes with truck blue.")

Ann Arbor surely has its upside.

But I doubt it can touch San Francisco (either Stanford or the 49ers) or Denver if Elway & the Broncos get involved.

Miles to UM strikes me as the boomerang coming back on the John Cooper hiring 20 years ago.

"Cooper just beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl! He must be the bees knees!"

vs.

"Miles beat Ohio State for a National Title! He must be the bees knees!"

Miles, however, would make for great theater with Nebraska and Bo Pellini soon to be in the Big 10/11/12.

One thing is for sure. I'm absolutely shocked that the Rich Rod philosophy of recruiting skill players all 5'10" and under didn't pan out in the Big 10/11/12.

Whoever takes over for Rodriguez is going to have a rough first year (or 2) with a roster that is pretty much outsized by most of the other teams in the conference.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Anyone thinking it's Harbaugh will think differently after reading this: http://www.freep.com/article/2011010...05/1354/SPORTS

Michigan's in a real bind, but after that bowl game embarassment they really had no choice. I don't envy Dave Brandon.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Anyone thinking it's Harbaugh will think differently after reading this: http://www.freep.com/article/2011010...05/1354/SPORTS

Michigan's in a real bind, but after that bowl game embarassment they really had no choice. I don't envy Dave Brandon.
    That report came out this morning. Then the author promptly wrote another article saying that it was likely between the 49ers and UM, and if he had to guess, he'd probably go with UM. What I'm saying is, never read an article from the freep. They all suck.

As I said before, I'm not convinced that Harbaugh is going to take the job, actually I think it's unlikely as the whole UM community is basically rejoicing right now and all of them want Harbaugh. No chance that UM fans get two things to go right today...

I follow a lot of UM alumni on Twitter. They're all celebrating RichRod being fired, if that tells you anything. The guy was doomed from the beginning. No one liked him.

I hope at least that Dave Brandon learns from that mistake. He's got to hire someone that alumni can get behind and support. Whether that's Harbaugh, Hoke, or Miles. If I had to guess, it'd be Hoke, as I think Harbaugh will go to the NFL and I think UM should give a big middle finger to Miles for the last time we were in this position. I'm not too excited about Miles as an in-game coach anyway. That leaves Hoke. I'm undecided on him. He's not as flashy as Harbaugh, and hasn't had successful winning seasons like Miles. He has had success in the programs he's been at (Ball St, San Diego St) and has coached at Michigan before, so he's a Michigan man, but he hasn't had success in a BCS conference before....who knows. All I know is I'm happy the RichRod era at Michigan is over.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Brady Hoke's offense was tons of fun to watch at SDSU. The defense? What defense?

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    "Good news, honey. I got a new job. Pack up the house & kids, 'cuz we're moving to metro Detroit!"

I know what kind of response that would get at my house.

(Hint: It rhymes with truck blue.")

Ann Arbor surely has its upside.

But I doubt it can touch San Francisco (either Stanford or the 49ers) or Denver if Elway & the Broncos get involved.
    Then why aren't coaches banging down the door to coach at Stanford. I doubt moving to the thriving metropolis of Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge or Norman or Omaha really interests a whole lot of people either, yet I don't think they have a hard time finding guys who'd love to coach at the schools located there.

I highly doubt location is going to be much of a consideration to most of these guys. If it were, why would anyone move from San Diego?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Hello Brady Hoke........
    And goodbye Michigan. Michigan absolutely needs to make a home run hire the same way Kentucky did when they fired Billy Gillispie or UNC when they were reeling from the Matt Doherty era. They are being passed over by the other school in-state and constantly losing to their fiercest rival and a Brady Hoke isn't going to turn that around.

Jim Harbaugh should be candidate number one. If he says no (and it appears he will), then do what they should have done the first time and go all in for Les Miles. IMO those should be the only two candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't know why they hired him in the first place. It's taken them 3 yrs to see the error of their ways
    I praised the Rodriguez hiring three years ago because at the time, Ohio State had trouble containing the spread option (evidenced by losses to SEC schools that had implemented it) and even Illinois which had ran it. I believed Rodriguez coming in was a risky hire that could bomb (which it did) or be something that could change the landscape of the Big Ten.

Now Michigan has been passed by Michigan State and is about to fade into irrelevancy. This is why they need a big hire.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Then why aren't coaches banging down the door to coach at Stanford. I doubt moving to the thriving metropolis of Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge or Norman or Omaha really interests a whole lot of people either, yet I don't think they have a hard time finding guys who'd love to coach at the schools located there.

I highly doubt location is going to be much of a consideration to most of these guys. If it were, why would anyone move from San Diego?
    To add to your point, include college basketball. Lexington KY, Lawrence KS, Raleigh-Durham NC, Chapel Hill NC.

It's called ego. The living conditions may not be as grand as living in California or Florida, but if you win, you are adored by the fans and can add your name to a pretty impressive list of people who passed there before you.

If you lose, you're still a multi-millionare.

As for Harbaugh, his intention is more than likely to coach in the NFL. He doesn't even have to leave the state to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

If it were, why would anyone move from San Diego?
    Because SoCal sucks?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Because SoCal sucks?
    I agree, but the perception is that it's the best place in the world. I wouldn't live in San Diego if I was paid handsomely to do so. I lived there a year and that was enough for me. Weather is unbelievable though.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

If it's Hoke I think Michigan will have a whole bunch of 9-3 type seasons, but I don't see him getting them back in the NCG conversation.

Harbaugh would obviously be a great hire, but they would have to throw some crazy amount of money at him (5 or 6M a year?).

I don't really see Miles as an option this time around, but I think he would be a pretty solid hire too.

Yeah. All college towns are nice enough in their own ways. Especially when you have multiple millions of dollars in your bank account.

Fame and fortune are much bigger draws for college coaches than weather.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I don't really see Miles as an option this time around, but I think he would be a pretty solid hire too.
    I think the Midwest media would eat him alive. In Louisiana, he's just another bumpkin.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?