Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Melky Cabrera

Re: Melky Cabrera

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Dusty would tell you different.
    Oh yeah. Willy is right up Dusty's alley.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Oh yeah. Willy is right up Dusty's alley.
    And just think of the possibilities at the top of the lineup when Janish is playing SS...

1. WT - CF
    2. PJ - SS

That lineup reeks of awesomeness.

Melky Cabrera isn't a CF, OTOH he might be a cheap but decent short term LF solution. The Yankees are said to now be interested in DeJesus of KC to play CF for them which to them is a better offensive and defensive solution. DeJesus is an ok CF but lacks ideal range to be top notch which should tell you all you need to know about Cabrera's ability to play the CF position.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Really people, I don't know what the dislike is about acquiring Taveras as a centerfielder. You take away his 2008 season, and I'll be happy to have those numbers he posted the previous three seasons. And to compare Dickerson as a better player than Taveras is ludricous. Dickerson has just had a cup of coffee in regards to major league experience. Taveras has been in the league since 2004.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas.../players/7269/
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Willy Taveras in '06 and '07 was craptastic to say the least. His '08 was even worse. Dickerson shouldn't have any problem putting up an OBP at least as good if not better than Taveras in 2009.

Willy's been in the league for 4 full seasons. 3 of which were very bad.

Willy Taveras - career .283/.331/.337 - .668 OPS. Pass. I'd much rather have Dickerson.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Willy Taveras - career .283/.331/.337 - .668 OPS. Pass. I'd much rather have Dickerson.
    And that OBP is boosted quite a bit by his '07 season. In 3 of his 4 seasons he's been an out machine with zero power. I agree, pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Really people, I don't know what the dislike is about acquiring Taveras as a centerfielder. You take away his 2008 season, and I'll be happy to have those numbers he posted the previous three seasons. And to compare Dickerson as a better player than Taveras is ludricous. Dickerson has just had a cup of coffee in regards to major league experience. Taveras has been in the league since 2004.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas.../players/7269/
    Dickerson MIGHT not be good.

We already know that Taveras isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Here is another sleeper I'll throw out there:

Rockies OF Ryan Spilborghs.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...?playerId=6350

Basically he was a caddy for Willy Taveras but if you look at his on base percentage, it is outstanding.

Now I just have to figure if a Arroyo for Atkins/Spilborghs deal would fly?
    I've been wanting Spilborghs. He'd be a perfect guy to platoon with Dickerson who could also play against RH in a pinch. Good choice.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Why the continued love for Melky? I feel like there have been too many threads about this guy already. Is it because he is a Yankee? I don't get it.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Why the continued love for Melky? I feel like there have been too many threads about this guy already. Is it because he is a Yankee? I don't get it.
    .268 .329 .374 .703 in 1600 PA's.

yeah..not feeling it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    .268 .329 .374 .703 in 1600 PA's.

yeah..not feeling it either.
    He's punch-and-judy for sure. Over the last two years, the guy has grounded into 25 Double Plays. Over the same span, he's hit 36 Doubles. And the guy can't play a skill position.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    He's punch-and-judy for sure. Over the last two years, the guy has grounded into 25 Double Plays. Over the same span, he's hit 36 Doubles. And the guy can't play a skill position.
    He's got a cannon for an arm and Yankee stadium wasn't the easiest place to play in the outfield.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?