Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marlins option LF Logan Morrison

Marlins option LF Logan Morrison

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

.249/.327/.464/.791, 17 HR, 60 RBI, 5 E, 4 Ast., plays a solid LF, and a good PR boost from all his tweeting.

Not great numbers in his sophomore year to be sure, but really, does Jeff Loria and this Marlins organization have a clue?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Re: Marlins option LF Logan Morrison

Logan wasn't excited about the move.. he took to Twitter and voiced his opinion ans said the release of Wes Helms and his optioned down were tied together some how.

If the Marlins are sour, the Reds should be on him. I'd gladly deal Stubbs for him.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

If the Marlins are sour, the Reds should be on him. I'd gladly deal Stubbs for him.
    I would too. LoMo to LF, Sapp/Heisey to CF.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

tougher pitchers, tougher ballpark, fewer fans. I got to think his numbers would get an additional boost playing in the GABP.

Stubbs? How about Volquez?
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

There sure does seem to be a lot of people wanting to trade away Drew Stubbs. I'm just not seeing it. He's got a great glove, speed to burn, some real nice pop in his bat...he's just being miscast as a lead off hitter. No way I want to deal Drew. Just leave Sappelt in left and leading off and Stubbs will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    There sure does seem to be a lot of people wanting to trade away Drew Stubbs. I'm just not seeing it. He's got a great glove, speed to burn, some real nice pop in his bat...he's just being miscast as a lead off hitter. No way I want to deal Drew. Just leave Sappelt in left and leading off and Stubbs will be fine.
    Who hits 4th and 5th and what positions do they play? I don't think this team can win with more than 1 of Stubbs, Heisey and Sappelt in the line-up regularly unless they get a clean-up hitter to play Catcher or 3B. That ain't happening.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    Stubbs? How about Volquez?
    Why would the Marlins do that?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Who hits 4th and 5th and what positions do they play? I don't think this team can win with more than 1 of Stubbs, Heisey and Sappelt in the line-up regularly unless they get a clean-up hitter to play Catcher or 3B. That ain't happening.
    Agree. This is where we have a clear redundancy, and I think the guy has to play CF. I see Heisey as an ideal 4th OF. Sappelt or Stubbs will probably emerge as the starter. But it makes no sense to keep all three of these.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Agree. This is where we have a clear redundancy, and I think the guy has to play CF. I see Heisey as an ideal 4th OF. Sappelt or Stubbs will probably emerge as the starter. But it makes no sense to keep all three of these.
    And Phipps may now have to be considered part of the picture too.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Sappelt is the best fit at the top of the order, Heisey is the best bench player, Stubbs would bring the most in trade. No brainer IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Sappelt is the best fit at the top of the order, Heisey is the best bench player, Stubbs would bring the most in trade. No brainer IMO.
    That's how I'd read it, too, though I'd like to see a bit more of Sappelt before fully endorsing this conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I don't think people are wanting to get rid of Stubbs, they just see an opportunity to acquire Logan Morrison. As much as I like Drew Stubbs I would rather have Logan Morrison. You have to give up something good to get something good. Just because you trade a guy doesn't mean you are giving up on him.

Turn Off Ads?