Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ten dumbest fanbases in America

Re: Ten dumbest fanbases in America

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Says who? Throwing out unsubstantiated opinion and presenting it as fact (and then concluding it with an insult) is kinda silly.
    I've heard numerous announcers over the years describe UK fans as "knowledgeable". I would say that true longtime fans of any school or team are knowledgeable. It's kind of silly to think they aren't. Clay Travis is just doing what Clay Travis does; taking on the largest fanbases in an attempt to get hits.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-30-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Clay Travis could teach Trolling 101 at any journalism school.

5. Likes:

New York Red (10-29-2013)

Some Kentucky fans are great. The thing is, when you have a very large fanbase (and one that is very passionate), it's just impossible to avoid having a large number of very stupid people in the fan base. It's just a fact of life given the large number of very stupid people in the population at large. You'll notice that most of the fanbases listed are the largest and most passionate ones. Because of that, almost by definition they're guaranteed to have the most idiots on their side.

7. Likes:

Joseph (10-29-2013),Revering4Blue (10-30-2013)

Auburn fans, a distinct minority in the state, are really nothing like Alabama fans. That's because by and large Auburn fans are associated in some way with Auburn. 95% of the idiots in Alabama root for the Crimson Tide.

Alabama is harder to enter if your not "family" and prefers "born into money" students from Alabama. You have a lot of young people that are groomed to be attending Alabama at a young age and then take a scholarship to Auburn,UAB,Troy, and now South Alabama while there family is Alabama alumni.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Auburn fans, a distinct minority in the state, are really nothing like Alabama fans. That's because by and large Auburn fans are associated in some way with Auburn. 95% of the idiots in Alabama root for the Crimson Tide.

Alabama is harder to enter if your not "family" and prefers "born into money" students from Alabama. You have a lot of young people that are groomed to be attending Alabama at a young age and then take a scholarship to Auburn,UAB,Troy, and now South Alabama while there family is Alabama alumni.
    Sounds like you're describing the Greek system in Tuscaloosa more than you're describing admissions. Traditionally, UofA has aggressively used it's large endowment to import top students but we all know you can't judge a cake by it's icing.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Sounds like you're describing the Greek system in Tuscaloosa more than you're describing admissions. Traditionally, UofA has aggressively used it's large endowment to import top students but we all know you can't judge a cake by it's icing.
    We both know they want someone from the St Pauls or Hoover rather then someone from Jess Lanier unless you play football. Lot of people want to go to the moon but cant afford it. The same applies for Little Timmy who lives in Dora.

I started following the list when WVU fans posted it on facebook. When I saw it was Clay Travis I knew it would be Kentucky and Alabama for the final two, just didn't know in what order.

What's funny is reading some of the responses from WVU fans, and Travis added fuel to the fire by posting another article about it. Stuff like "I hope you get hit by a bus"
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Oregon Duck fans are purty bad.

Oregon Duck fans are purty bad.
    It's the rain

I've never quite gotten the concept of being a fan of a college team and not having gone to school there.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

15. Likes:

Hoosier Red (10-29-2013),remdog (11-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I've never quite gotten the concept of being a fan of a college team and not having gone to school there.
    I lived in Ann Arbor I get it, I live in the PNW I get it

It's a throwback to the days of regional worlds

Well what do you do if you like football and your college didn't have football ?

Well what do you do if you like football and your college didn't have football ?
    My school had no football so yes they exist

I think the worst thing about Notre Dame fans is they tend to forget the Irish exist once basketball season starts flip their reversible starter jackets on to become IU basketball fans.

I especially don't understand people who go to school at one place and consider themselves fans of another. It's one thing if you go to a small school like Depauw or Hanover, but people who go to Butler but are IU fans are especially strange to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Traditionally ND fandom was a Catholic go to in the swath of mid-west Protestantism, it was fed by NDs growth in the 20s prior to the relevance of big time basketball

Turn Off Ads?