Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How to get rid of a fever?

How to get rid of a fever?

I got a 100 fever on tuesday and I said no big deal because normally I have fevers for a day or 2, but It hit 102 on wednesday and the only time i've been below 102 since wednesday is when the advil kicks in. I'm not used to trying to get rid of fevers, but what do I have to do?

I've been eating healthy, drinking healthy, and sleeping a ton...what else have I got to do? I'm really upset about this because I missed Homer, but the next morning I had to get up with a fever and drive all the way up to Walnut Hills for a 5 hour long ACT test..

Help appreciated, thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How to get rid of a fever?

See a doctor. Yesterday. In the meantime, pump the aspirin. Drink fluids.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    See a doctor. Yesterday. In the meantime, pump the aspirin. Drink fluids.
    I went to the doctor Thursday because I passed out and cut my nose up pretty bad..and all I got from her was drink fluids and rest.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I went to the doctor Thursday because I passed out and cut my nose up pretty bad..and all I got from her was drink fluids and rest.

maybe it is related to that collision you had with Freel?
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

If you've got a fever, then the only prescription is more cowbell!

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Whats that little saying? Eat a fever, starve a cold, eat a beaver, starve a toad

I was sick a while back and just drank alot of water, slept alot, and had on about 27 layers of clothes on. Oh yeah, and a bunch of aspirin.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    See a better doctor. You have an infection somewhere--it's his or her job to find out if it's viral or bacterial and treat it accordingly.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    See a better doctor. You have an infection somewhere--it's his or her job to find out if it's viral or bacterial and treat it accordingly.
    What he said. A fever is a symptom, not a disease. What other symptoms (sinus congestion, tired, weakness, pain, etc.) do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Heeler View Post
    What he said. A fever is a symptom, not a disease. What other symptoms (sinus congestion, tired, weakness, pain, etc.) do you have?
    Started earlier today..my right eye started twitching (like a heartbeat right below the actual eye) and it hasn't stopped and it's giving me the biggest headache on the right side of my head.

I am not sneezing or coughing, it's all fever, head pain, the twitching, shivering even though I have a fever, tired and achy all over.

Go to the doctor. Specifically for the fever. When you went on Th, you may have underplayed the fever, since you were there for another reason.

Tell the doctor how long it's been. Your advil bottle probably says if fever persists more than 7 days, call your doctor. You're getting close to 7 days.

You should probably have someone drive you. Maybe even to an urgent care center (not necessarily an ER) tomorrow.

Is your neck stiff or achy? Regardless, you need to make a trip to the emergency room so that they can rule out emergent, potentially life threatening causes of fever and headache. I don't mean to scare you, but this isn't something to take a chance with.

You should definitely not wait to see a doctor on Monday. With the symptons you are having you should go an ER. I had a serious illness several years ago and it started as a severe headache that lasted for days. So anytime you are having fevers and headaches you need to get checked out. Hopefully it is nothing serious but only a doctor can tell for sure.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Since they're different drugs, you can take both Advil/Motrin/ibuprofen and Tylenol/acetaminophen for a fever. We learned that trick from a pediatrician. It was a great help in coping with ear infections-induced fevers.

I agree with the advice you got above about needing to get it checked out when you're approaching the 1-week mark.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?