Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sugar Bowl UC.vs. Florida

Re: Sugar Bowl UC.vs. Florida

UC finally scores but its only a field goal then they quickly give up a long TD pass to make it 30-3 Florida.

This game is pretty much over unless UC can get the Saints to play for them in the 2nd half.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Welcome to our world, Bearcat fans.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Welcome to our world, Bearcat fans.
    Yep. Florida's been doing this for decades to the lower echelon of SEC squads. Tebow looks absolutely phenomenal throwing the ball-- maybe the best of his career.

Boy, I've seen this script before. Sorry, Bearcats fans.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

they have been unmasked tonight

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Florida wants to finish #2 in the final polls. They will score a lot to make that happen.
    Florida is the second-best team in the nation, so they should be #2 in the polls. I'm guessing it will go to the winner of the Fiesta Bowl, but you never know.

If nothing else, the outcome of this game makes me feel a bit better about UC not getting chance at the National Championship game. Had they beaten Florida, we would always have wondered if they could have been champions, and forever would have had to live with the fact that a 13-0 season wasn't enough to give them a shot at it.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

That game was painful to watch tonight. After the great Rose Bowl win by the Buckeyes I was hoping the Bearcats could at least hang tough with Florida but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I feel bad for the Bearcat fans who were down there watching in person, although most of them might have drunk themselves to a point where they weren't even paying attention to the game in the second half, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

What a great game
    Go Gators!

Florida did the same thing to UC's defense that UConn, Illinois and Pitt did. Florida just happened to play on the other side of the ball as well.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Florida is the second-best team in the nation, so they should be #2 in the polls. I'm guessing it will go to the winner of the Fiesta Bowl, but you never know.

If nothing else, the outcome of this game makes me feel a bit better about UC not getting chance at the National Championship game. Had they beaten Florida, we would always have wondered if they could have been champions, and forever would have had to live with the fact that a 13-0 season wasn't enough to give them a shot at it.
    I really don't think you guys are giving Texas or Nebraska for that matter enough credit, but I guess we'll have some of an idea after the 7th.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

My thoughts from the sixth row last night:

Florida is legit and they played with something to prove. UC was moving the ball early, but some penalties and a sack later they were down 9-0 and panicked. And the rout was on.

Florida fans were talking lots of serious smack about the big east after the game. Is there a conference champion they play who they don't beat by 20? I still have them as two touchdowns better than Texas.

Urban Meyer knows how to keep it claasy. You call those plays with a minute left against your alma mater. As far as I'm concerned, he's disowned from the family for that crap.

The PA announcer was the worst I've ever heard. Just awful.

New Orleans is a fun town and I'm glad I made the trip.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    Florida is getting pressure with only 3 rushers! Pike is having to throw into double and triple coverage.
    When you basically don't have a running game to speak of this is what I expected one of the best defenses in the country to do.

Believe me.... I am no Florida (Meyer) fan, and wanted the Bearcats to win or at least do well in this game; but I left the family get-together at halftime because it just wasn't looking good.

I woke up this morning to check the final score because I knew that Meyer would not call of the dogs regardless.

As far as I'm concerned, and I stated this a few weeks ago, the Bearcats played the 2nd best team in the nation. The SEC Championship game was the NC game IMO.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-02-2010 at 07:09 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

My wife wanted to know why Rush Limbaugh was wearing a UC shirt and headset during this game.

Good season UC. Start prepping for Oklahoma.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, and I stated this a few weeks ago, the Bearcats played the 2nd best team in the nation. The SEC Championship game was the NC game IMO.
    Most people said the same thing after the 2006 OSU-scUM game, and look what happened......I'm just saying, don't count out Texas
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

Not only is UC unmasked but maybe also Brian Kelly. Will be interesting to see if he can actually do much more than anybody else recently at ND. Where would UC finish in the SEC?

Turn Off Ads?