Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Reds; Take Note From The Marlins

Re: Reds; Take Note From The Marlins

So anybody here hungry for some crow?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    And eventually they will sell off those players just like they did before.
    Points to Chip for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Well said.

I definitely think Castellini may have realized he's in over his head from the money side of it.

And he probably expected more of a spike in attendance than he got this year.

But should he have? One good season and he expects the fans to return in droves?

They sat on their hands last offseason and appear to be ready to do so again this offseason. If they do, I see attendance dropping off because of the turn off.
    Wowzas

"So Fla Red"

Miami sports radio is brutal when the local teams struggle, but entertaining when you aren't really a fan of the local teams. The Marlins attendance, or lack thereof, was already a source of discussion a month ago.

Looks like some dirt cheap primo seats to check out the new digs for the Reds series in Sept

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Wowzas
    There's much more crow to eat in all of the "Reds will never be able to sign Votto to a LTC" threads.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post

Looks like some dirt cheap primo seats to check out the new digs for the Reds series in Sept
    Hey, I'm up for it. Maybe Redeye will join us.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I'm really up for it! Planning to take my 3 year-old son to his first Reds game, too.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Points to Chip for this one.
    Can't take credit for the sun coming up in the east.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Perhaps for one game in the series we could have a mini RZ get-together (it can be a different one than the one my kid is with me for ... he's a handful)
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    There's much more crow to eat in all of the "Reds will never be able to sign Votto to a LTC" threads.
    Ha, to be fair, that was a pretty big upset in my opinion. Not many of us were able to see that coming.

I admit the Votto one. I hoped they would but really, really doubted it. I expected Votto to get traded to tell the truth. SO load my crow with plenty of BBQ sauce please. And this is a dish of crow I'm loving!

The Marlins and Orioles are discussing trade scenarios, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports (on Twitter). Miami is "knee deep" in trade talks and could complete a blockbuster in the next 24 hours, Jim Bowden of ESPN.com and MLB Network Radio reports (on Twitter).

The Marlins, who sent Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante to Detroit yesterday, have also had teams inquire on Hanley Ramirez, Carlos Lee, Josh Johnson,Ricky Nolasco and Randy Choate. The Orioles are known to be seeking pitching and corner infield help. It wouldn't be surprising to see Baltimore pursue Ramirez or Johnson, since either player would have an impact in 2012 and on next year's team.
    I think the buy low potential on Hanley is something many never saw coming. Now is the time to consummate what was always meant to be: Hanley to the Reds for Cody Puckett and Mark Serrano.

Just kidding. Seems funny that this year's team looks like it doesn't have room for Hanley. I'm not sure Cozart's defense doesn't offset Hanley's offense.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I think no one should feel ashamed about thinking Votto would eventually be gone.

But jumping on the Marlins bandwagon as soon as they started talking to some FA's was for many posters simply another opportunity to give the Reds and their management a shot.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    IJust kidding. Seems funny that this year's team looks like it doesn't have room for Hanley. I'm not sure Cozart's defense doesn't offset Hanley's offense.
    And certainly not his salary.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    I think the buy low potential on Hanley is something many never saw coming. Now is the time to consummate what was always meant to be: Hanley to the Reds for Cody Puckett and Mark Serrano.

Just kidding. Seems funny that this year's team looks like it doesn't have room for Hanley. I'm not sure Cozart's defense doesn't offset Hanley's offense.
    Well, it's interesting because statistically speaking, Cozart is ahead of Hanley by .2 WAR by Fangraphs' measure. Even if we account for margin of error, we could call it a draw.

I do wonder, though, if Hanley being moved back to shortstop would get him back in the right frame of mind and get his production back closer to pre-2010 levels. Even if Hanley is back to being the upgrade we'd expect, one wonders if it would be enough to justify paying him the salary he makes.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?