Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillies @ Reds - Tuesday-08/30/2011 Game Thread

Phillies @ Reds - Tuesday-08/30/2011 Game Thread

Veteran Creaminess returns bigtime, dude!

Brandon Phillips 2b
    Edgar Renteria ss .634 OPS for the year. .354 OPS in the last 14 days. (Put him at the top of the lineup. No base-clogging for sure.)
    Joey Votto 1b
    Jay Bruce rf
    Miguel Cairo 3b I admire Miggy for his contributions. I just don't think he is a middle-of-the-order bat.
    Drew Stubbs cf
    Fred Lewis lf .644 OPS for the year. .390 OPS in last 14 days. (Make sure he bats in front of firecracker-hot Ryan Hanigan)
    Ryan Hanigan c (Catchers bat 8th, dude. Don't talk to me about his 1.192 OPS for the month of August.)
    Bronson Arroyo p

vs. RH Roy Halladay
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-30-2011 at 04:01 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Phillies @ Reds - Tuesday-08/30/2011 Game Thread

Fine with the lineup other than Alonso not being in there. Let the poor guy play somewhere in the field.

very important to play up and coming stars cairo , renteria and lewis, I just wish he had inserted dutch dotterer at catcherm cesar cedeno in center, and tommy helms at second

I would move Hanigan to the two-hole. Which is more important when Votto comes up - a slow runner on first or a speedy runner sitting on the bench? Think outside the box, Dusty. Go ahead and clog those bases for once. Cairo batting second would be fine.
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-30-2011 at 04:11 PM.

This will probably be the last week this club can pretend to be playing games that mean anything. After they drop 2 of the next 3 to Philadephia and 2 out of 3 in St. Louis can we please stop this charade about passing St. Louis for second place and that .500 matters? After awhile doesn't reality have to set in?

Philly is just better than we are. I think we'll win that St. Louis series.

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    very important to play up and coming stars cairo , renteria and lewis, I just wish he had inserted dutch dotterer at catcherm cesar cedeno in center, and tommy helms at second
    todd benzinger at first, willy taveras in center and paul householder in right seem like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Philly is just better than we are. I think we'll win that St. Louis series.
    I have been thinking the Reds are going to win a lot of series this year. They haven't.
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-30-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Baker thinks duane walker should be in right because holliday throws a round ball, and walker has a round head

Bakers line up
    1) Cecil Espy CF - Baker likes his last name thinks it increases the chances of being on ESPN
    2) Rafael Santo Domingo SS - crafty veteran who tends to foul the first pitch off towards right field

3) Deron Johnson 1B - Solid against right handers
    4) Julian Javier 2B smooth veteran
    5) Bob Bailey 3B Hits well against Phillies in games in late August
    6) Mike Vail RF Has experience batting sixth
    7) Andy Kosko LF Two K's in his name jump start the Reds on their quest for K's
    8) John Edwards C , He catches the ball well

“You’ve got to try it some time if you’re going to try it,” Baker said.

Can anyone seriously consider Dusty Baker a manager who has the best interest of the future of this club at heart?

Instead of youngsters being exposed to Halladay so they can refer back to this experience next year, he starts Cairo & Lewis?

Simply the worst Manager in the long proud history of the Cincinnati Reds.

There isn't a big enough word to describe the joke that this idiot is. He is costing the club money as we speak, because numerous fans will not go out and watch this. If they knew they were seeing the future, the Reds would get walk up business for the rest of the year. Everybody knows that Dusty is the manager and it is directly affecting their decision to go down to see them play.

I am at the point now where I will not renew my season tickets and will not pay to see another game. If I get free tickets, I'll go.

I am on strike as far as paying to see this joke chew on his tooth pick.

wow perfectly stated I , too will not root for the team as long as this "skipper' has his job

All the Dusty hate is just ridiculous. He manages the team more or less the way most others would. The Reds have plenty of young players playing right now. If anything it was our faith in young players that let the Reds down this year. The fact is that teams like LAST YEARS" WS champs Giants had a lot of veteran role players. I'm all for bringing up the young players and Mesoraco should be on the team Sept 1st and starting next year. But the Reds can't just bench all their vets and go with all young players.

Are you serious? You defend starting Fred Lewis and Cairo?

Look at every Reds Fans board & you can find and all of them are blowing up with Dusty hate.

He deserves it. He is sabataging this organization. This is an all out power struggle with Walt Jockerty that dates all the way back to spring training.

Somebody has to go. Either Dusty or Walt. If I were Walt I would frame it just that way. "Bob, it's either me or him"

Dusty Baker has disrespected Bob, Walt and the City of Cincinnati with his agenda that clearly dictates that loyalty to a chosen few supercedes all else.

He is an embarrasment to the City, the organization and a shameful example of an egomaniacle bastard whose sole intent is to nuture loyalties, not mentor progress.

He would rather destroy the confidence of young players than to admit that he should sacrifice his meaningless run at a .500 record.

Never in my 40 years of following this sport have I seen a more pathetic manager in every aspect of the game.

F-

Utter complete & total failure.

Epic fail.

Turn Off Ads?