Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transactions

Transactions

Catchers moving up today. Mesoraco to Carolina. Coddington to Lynchburg. I think a catcher moved up at every level.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Transactions

Denove to Louisville

Any idea what happened to the ones in AAA?

Nothing announced yet that I can see.

edit: the no-brainer would be to make Jake Long inactive again. But it may be more than that.
    Last edited by GOYA; 05-29-2010 at 02:31 PM.

Miller is coming up to Cincy. Hannigan is going to the DL for a broken thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Miller is coming up to Cincy. Hannigan is going to the DL for a broken thumb.
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/con...incinnatireds/

Let's hope Mesoraco continues to impress at AA and impresses for the rest of the year. It's his chance this summer.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    Let's hope Mesoraco continues to impress at AA and impresses for the rest of the year. It's his chance this summer.
    Agreed. Him posting around an .800 OPS for the rest of the season in Carolina would go along way in solidifying himself as a legit Top 100 prospect in baseball going into next year. It would also have him in Louisville by near this time next year.

Resident PED Expert

One more thing that I find in the positive that is this move is that Soto will now get a bulk of the catching duties in High A advancing himself at the position defensively and if he can post an .725 to .800 OPS he again becomes a legit to 10 prospect in our system.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    One more thing that I find in the positive that is this move is that Soto will now get a bulk of the catching duties in High A advancing himself at the position defensively and if he can post an .725 to .800 OPS he again becomes a legit to 10 prospect in our system.
    I bet Kevin Coddington gets at least 4-5 starts at C a week.

Mesoraco now makes the biggest Defensive step up his career. It's do-or-die as a Catcher at this level. Here they find out if he's good enough Defensively to play in the Majors, or if they want to use his bat at another position. My bet is that he learns it and earns it at this level. He should remain at Carolina through June of next season, as it takes anyone and everyone that long to learn Catching Defensively at that level (for those Catchers they're really serious about keeping at the Catching position at the Major League level).

Mesoraco is going to be taught a whole new set of tools defensively at this level.

Please don't anyone get down on him and say, "he's peeking or fading or leveling out or not as good as I thought he was, etc", when or if he has an OPS around .700 for a long time. He's hot right now and has a lot of confidence at the plate, so it's possible he starts at well, but then levels off as his concentration goes back to so many things on the Defensive end; and, he faces a better level of competition from Pitchers.

The next 12 months are the months I've been waiting for to watch. Can't wait for the reports from those near him. I'm going to have to try to get to one of the Cities he'll be at.

I'm really not interested in his Offensive stats the rest of this season and I don't care what he does Offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I'm really not interested in his Offensive stats the rest of this season and I don't care what he does Offensively.
    Oddly, I think this is his most important offensive step. If you can't hit at AA, you won't hit in the majors, for the most part. Mesoraco obviously won't need to hit 340 like he has in High A this season, but he does need to show a positive bat.

I'd be happy with a 250/350/425 season and pretty certain Mesoraco can inded play at the major league level. Anything under that and he should still be viewed as a question mark.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Oddly, I think this is his most important offensive step. If you can't hit at AA, you won't hit in the majors, for the most part. Mesoraco obviously won't need to hit 340 like he has in High A this season, but he does need to show a positive bat.

I'd be happy with a 250/350/425 season and pretty certain Mesoraco can inded play at the major league level. Anything under that and he should still be viewed as a question mark.
    Lets not forget that Mesoraco is now a 21 year old in AA (he turns 22 at the end of next month). That is quite young for the level. If he struggles it isn't a big deal unless its a glaring struggle (like 5-1 K/BB struggle).

I think it is a little bit of fortune that he will be catching Fairel, a guy he is already familiar with, in his debut here.
    Last edited by muddie; 05-30-2010 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Lets not forget that Mesoraco is now a 21 year old in AA (he turns 22 at the end of next month). That is quite young for the level. If he struggles it isn't a big deal unless its a glaring struggle (like 5-1 K/BB struggle).
    Good post, let's have patience with the guy. Here's to a solid year at AA, and then a bust out year next year that puts the question to the brass...

"When do we bring him to the show..."

Turn Off Ads?