Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

Re: Sam LeCure Tweets Out

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    I hate the whole "they're people, too" thing. The guy makes $10,000 an inning. Suck it up and don't lose games. Nobody cares how you feel.
    1,430 posts and we finally agree on something. Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in awhile.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I hate the whole "they're people, too" thing. The guy makes $10,000 an inning. Suck it up and don't lose games. Nobody cares how you feel.
    You seem to have no sense of reality. Money doesn't buy happiness. Just look up anything on lottery winners, or go watch the ESPN show "Broke".

People who openly post to a player on twitter with negative comments are completely gutless. I wonder if they would walk up to them and say that in a bar. Doubt it.

4. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-14-2013),HeatherC1212 (06-14-2013),Tom Servo (06-14-2013),Wonderful Monds (06-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I follow quite a few people on Twitter and I rarely see some of the garbage that you guys are talking about so I think it really depends on WHO you follow as to what your timeline will look like. I don't even see a lot of swearing unless it's during a Reds game and a few fans I follow are reacting in real time to stuff that happens there. I have rarely had any problems with Twitter but it could be that I just don't follow the idiots and therefore keep a lot more of my sanity when I'm there, LOL

BTW-Sam is one of the most even keeled, positive, and upbeat baseball guys I've seen on Twitter (and I follow quite a few of them, both Reds and non Reds players) so if he's responding this way to something, it had to have been REALLY bad because he just doesn't tweet or interact with the fans that way on a normal basis.
    So what are you suggesting happened? Someone with access to send him private messages sent him something REALLY bad? Someone sent something awful and then deleted it?

Twitter is about as transparent as it gets. I find it unlikely that he's getting all these crazy messages and we somehow can't find them. Searching is pretty easy.

At this point, I'm leaning towards thin skin or misguided anger based on a couple bad outings from a decent pitcher.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Nobody cares how you feel.
    What is a "sociopath", Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    You seem to have no sense of reality. Money doesn't buy happiness. Just look up anything on lottery winners, or go watch the ESPN show "Broke".

People who openly post to a player on twitter with negative comments are completely gutless. I wonder if they would walk up to them and say that in a bar. Doubt it.
    Nobody forced Sam to play baseball. He is massively overpaid because people watch him come play a sport. All professional athletes are. If he doesn't like the criticism, he is more than welcome to go do a less public job and get paid less to do so.

I don't disagree with your 2nd comment, but please save the sympathy for Sam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

8. Likes:

Mutaman (06-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Nobody forced Sam to play baseball. He is massively overpaid because people watch him come play a sport. All professional athletes are. If he doesn't like the criticism, he is more than welcome to go do a less public job and get paid less to do so.

Nobody likes criticism (especially that kind), so that comment doesn't hold water with me.

Second, he wasn't complaining about anything. I'm not going out on a limb if I say 99% of all players would say people that blast them publicly for poor performance can kiss you know what.

And honestly, that's all he said. He didn't go on some long fan bashing tirade. Again, I'm in the camp that he shouldn't say anything at all, but I don't think his one line about his bashers was anything out of the ordinary or abusive.

I wonder what would happen if we had Logan Morrison on our team.

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-14-2013),jimbo (06-14-2013),Tom Servo (06-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Nobody likes criticism (especially that kind), so that comment doesn't hold water with me.

Second, he wasn't complaining about anything. I'm not going out on a limb if I say 99% of all players would say people that blast them publicly for poor performance can kiss you know what.

And honestly, that's all he said. He didn't go on some long fan bashing tirade. Again, I'm in the camp that he shouldn't say anything at all, but I don't think his one line about his bashers was anything out of the ordinary or abusive.

I wonder what would happen if we had Logan Morrison on our team.
    I think you misunderstood where I was coming from. I don't really have a problem with what he said. Phillips has said much worse to fans on twitter and it's hilarious. All I was saying is I don't feel bad for him.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

They call me "chef"

Money and publicity is all relative.

By your logic, since you make enough money to live in a home or apartment and you have enough of a social profile to have a family and friends, you aren't allowed to complain about anything in your life or respond when people attack you. After all, you are more than welcome to go panhandle under a bridge and live in anonymity. By having a job, home, and family, you've chosen to open yourself up to verbal abuse and can't complain.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Sam LeCure and hardly any other player is massively overpaid. Most of them are paid about what they are worth. If they were overpaid, teams would be shutting down left and right. But they aren't. They are signing billions of dollars worth of television contracts based on the skillset of 750 guys. The owners are happy to pay these guys what they are worth because it makes them a bunch of money too.

14. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-14-2013),nmculbreth (06-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Money and publicity is all relative.

By your logic, since you make enough money to live in a home or apartment and you have enough of a social profile to have a family and friends, you aren't allowed to complain about anything in your life or respond when people attack you. After all, you are more than welcome to go panhandle under a bridge and live in anonymity. By having a job, home, and family, you've chosen to open yourself up to verbal abuse and can't complain.
    I get your point to an extent, but anybody who has met me or has seen me even on social media knows I have no problem with people saying whatever they want to me.

Which is maybe why I don't have much sympathy for Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Sam LeCure and hardly any other player is massively overpaid. Most of them are paid about what they are worth. If they were overpaid, teams would be shutting down left and right. But they aren't. They are signing billions of dollars worth of television contracts based on the skillset of 750 guys. The owners are happy to pay these guys what they are worth because it makes them a bunch of money too.
    But that's my point. They're worth so much because of the PUBLIC. They make that much more because people want to watch them. Gotta take the good with the bad.

But that's my point. They're worth so much because of the PUBLIC. They make that much more because people want to watch them. Gotta take the good with the bad.
    We are all only worth what we get paid because of the public. Without the public wanting our product or service that the company we work for provides, we wouldn't have a job.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    We are all only worth what we get paid because of the public. Without the public wanting our product or service that the company we work for provides, we wouldn't have a job.
    And Sam gets paid a truck load of money because of the public. His job is seen by millions(?) of more people than mine is, thus when he's bad at his job he is obviously open to more criticism.

And Sam gets paid a truck load of money because of the public. His job is seen by millions(?) of more people than mine is, thus when he's bad at his job he is obviously open to more criticism.
    And you get paid whatever you get paid because of the public.

Lecure should have been more polite in his response, or kept the response to himself.

The fans are his customers and Sam shouldn't engage in controversy with them. If fans are out of line the player needs to rise above it.

However, it's not the end of the world, it's good to see that Lecure cares and will try to get back on track.

Go Reds.

21. Likes:

TOBTTReds (06-14-2013)

Turn Off Ads?