Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 5/26/2013 Cubs at Reds

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: 5/26/2013 Cubs at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Why?

I don't like Dusty. You like Dusty.

What if you like Mike Leake and some other poster doesn't like Leake and states their opinion over and over. Do you want to ban them too simply because their opinion doesn't mesh with yours?
    I don't agree with everything Dusty does. I say what I have to say, if at all, and move on. I suggest you do the same!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Read my last post. That's why. It's not a matter of disagreeing.
    What is it then?

It's silencing the minority opinion.

All of my criticisms of Dusty are about his strategical moves. I'm not just blasting him to blast him. I'm criticizing his moves or lack of moves.

But let's move on.

1. How is Frazier not guarding the line there to prevent a double? Amazingly bad.
    He was guarding the line. But he wasn't quick enough to put a glove on the ball. He's adequate at third, but will miss some plays he should make.

Whatever. That makes no sense.

Part of the reason the bullpen is mysteriously worn out all the time, despite our starters going 6 and 7 innings almost every game, is because Dusty WON'T let a guy pitch 2 innings in relief.

Another idiotic Dusty way of thinking. Just plain stupid.
    Now this I can agree with. Too many managers do this however nowadays.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    He was guarding the line. But he wasn't quick enough to put a glove on the ball. He's adequate at third, but will miss some plays he should make.
    Agree. I thought the same thing as the original post said when I saw it live, then the replay showed he was over on the line. He just didn't make a play on the ball.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    If Vottomatic was the manager the team would have tied him to a chair in St. Louis and traveled to Pittsburgh without him

They might go Jimmy Hoffa on him.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

What is it then?

It's silencing the minority opinion.

All of my criticisms of Dusty are about his strategical moves. I'm not just blasting him to blast him. I'm criticizing his moves or lack of moves.

But let's move on.
    Like I said, re-read my last post. It's you beating a subject to death. It's you excessively criticizing every move Dusty makes. Despite what your intentions may or may not be, the fact is that you've been doing exactly as I just described.

My suggestion is to step back for a second and rethink before you post. That's all. We all get excited during a game thread. It's natural. But what's not natural is to be jumping up and down on someone when things are going well. We've got like the 3rd best record in the majors. We were on a 5 game winning streak. What's the point in poking sticks at the guy who's played a part in putting us in that position? Disagree with him all you want, and post that you do. But say your peace and move on. That's all we're saying. You're a good guy and a good poster...just dial back the dusty bashing is my suggestion.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 05-26-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: 5 games not 6

I'm not going to blame Dusty, or Ondrusek, or Parra, or Hoover. I'm going to blame Sundays. Two Sundays in a row now...

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Like I said, re-read my last post. It's you beating a subject to death. It's you excessively criticizing every move Dusty makes. Despite what your intentions may or may not be, the fact is that you've been doing exactly as I just described.

My suggestion is to step back for a second and rethink before you post. That's all. We all get excited during a game thread. It's natural. But what's not natural is to be jumping up and down on someone when things are going well. We've got like the 3rd best record in the majors. We were on a 5 game winning streak. What's the point in poking sticks at the guy who's played a part in putting us in that position? Disagree with him all you want, and post that you do. But say your peace and move on. That's all we're saying. You're a good guy and a good poster...just dial back the dusty bashing is my suggestion.
    Got it.

I hate losing.

I especially hate losing games when we're ahead and it looks like it's in the bag.

I'd rather lose 10-0 then have a 5-4 loss where the opponent came from behind.

I'm a Sparky guy. As his nickname said, Captain Hook. I can't stand watching the "wheels fall off".

Let's go get the Indians. They're on fire too.

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-26-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (05-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I smell a walkoff
    That was just Chip and GAC.

Got it.

I hate losing.

I especially hate losing games when we're ahead and it looks like it's in the bag.

I'd rather lose 10-0 then have a 5-4 loss where the opponent came from behind.

I'm a Sparky guy. As his nickname said, Captain Hook. I can't stand watching the "wheels fall off".

Let's go get the Indians. They're on fire too.
    If it helps, you didn't actually lose anything.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

14. Likes:

edabbs44 (05-26-2013),HeatherC1212 (05-26-2013),redsfanmia (05-26-2013)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Looks like the Tribe is coming into town off similar circumstances. (Maybe worse.)
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    If it helps, you didn't actually lose anything.
    His bookie might disagree

I assuming Dusty had a sentimental moment about being a magager of the Cubs is ther eason he brought in Ondrusek and Parra in the 8th. No reason in the world not to have brought in LeCure (unless he's hurt). This one was on Dusty.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I assuming Dusty had a sentimental moment about being a magager of the Cubs is ther eason he brought in Ondrusek and Parra in the 8th. No reason in the world not to have brought in LeCure (unless he's hurt). This one was on Dusty.
    He pitched Saturday, I'm thinking he might have not felt up to it. If he did pitch him and failed then Dusty is asked why eschew the two fresh arms in the BP?

Sometimes it's the player who chooses if he stays up or not, Logan is in that position currently

Turn Off Ads?