Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 6/7/2013 Reds v. Cardinals (The Return of Phillips...this time it's personal)

Re: 6/7/2013 Reds v. Cardinals (The Return of Phillips...this time it's personal)

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Some of these "fans" are giving up on the season and it's June 7th
    Reds were 31-25 on June 7th last year
    Not seeing anyone giving up. They're just blowing off some steam because we're once again getting handled by the team we hate most, dropping us to 4 back in the division. I don't have a problem with anyone venting about it a little.

2. Likes:

RedsBrick (06-07-2013),TheBigLebowski (06-08-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar
    This is just pathetic.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: 6/7/2013 Reds v. Cardinals (The Return of Phillips...this time it's personal)

I try to stay positive about the Reds

But it feels like the Reds will always play little brother to the Cards. Even in years recently where the Reds have been better, the Cards still always have our number and they still end up advancing further in the postseason. I'm tired of it.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I'm trying to remember the last time we gave up runs with less than 2 outs....
    Stop getting two outs!

Quote Originally Posted by reds700 View Post
    So you would rather have one if the other guys that have been shelled lately?

A double off of Hoover as I type. The bullpen is pretty bad right now.
    Agreed... Marshall is a lynchpin IMO... Gives Dusty another lefty and gives him two options in the 8th.. Where art thou 2010 Arthur Rhodes?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Not seeing anyone giving up. They're just blowing off some steam because we're once again getting handled by the team we hate most, dropping us to 4 back in the division. I don't have a problem with anyone venting about it a little.
    I agree. I also think the people who keep up with the team the most are expressing what they see in the team right now.

The game thread is active every night....no one's giving up, just a bit frustrated.

Hey, there's a double for Choo, and it's 8-2!

At least Edinson Volquez isn't a Red anymore....tonight: 2 IP, 9 hits, 8 runs

I'm surprised waino is still in there

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I try to stay positive about the Reds

But it feels like the Reds will always play little brother to the Cards. Even in years recently where the Reds have been better, the Cards still always have our number and they still end up advancing further in the postseason. I'm tired of it.
    There aren't many better organizations than the Reds but the Cardinals are one of them and probably the best in baseball. They're basically the San Antonio Spurs of baseball

Cozy thanks for watching!

EMAW

Reds (IMO) really really need a lefty that can be trusted
    2010 Rhodes was solid, 2011 he left and it was a headache, the same is playing out minus Marshall this season
    The longer we wait, the more demand their will be for lefty help

That's 3 outs made by Cozy with RISP....

One a DP and the strike out looking....

Teh dust

Haunted by walks

Good point about the Reds beating the Cards 13-4 in their home opener.

EMAW

As sidenote
    Head to head last 3 seasons
    2011 Reds 9-6
    2012 Cards 8-7
    2013 Cards 5-2

Turn Off Ads?