Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post

I'm kind of glad I started watching late, though. It's more fun to watch a series like this marathon-style. Now I'll have to go week-by-week with everyone else for the rest of the series.
    Get ready for torture bc I marathoned the first 3 seasons over a few weeks and it was a big adjustment for me during S4 going week to week. Didn't make me enjoy the show any less, but being able to marathon a great series is so much better than watching it week to week. Especially a show that flows the way this has from episode to episode.
    Last edited by ervinsm84; 07-28-2012 at 06:07 AM.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

2. Turn Off Ads?

uh wow.
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

OK wow.

I actually am one of the many people that had not seen a single episode until very recently (like, last few weeks). That's not unusual, as I don't watch a ton of television, but when I hear buzz for a TV show I've often started watching late. In fact, I didn't watch a single episode of LOST until the night after the finale and it would up being my favorite TV show ever (I watched the entire series in a matter of about six weeks, give or take).

So, as with many other shows, I just recently started watching this one after the hype for the final season. It took me about 4-5 shows to really get into it, but once I did, I was pretty hooked. Personally, the fourth season I think was one of the best seasons of TV I've seen. It was phenomenal writing, brilliant acting and captivating cinematography. While I don't watch a ton of television, I've always been an aspiring screenwriter/author and for me, this is an amazing series. So for those of you who have yet to watch or only barely started watching, I'd advise you give it more time. In my estimation, the series got better with each passing season.

I'm kind of glad I started watching late, though. It's more fun to watch a series like this marathon-style. Now I'll have to go week-by-week with everyone else for the rest of the series.
    I am the same way. I knew the marathon would be on but I only have so much time to watch and space on my DVR to hold them. I heard that if you watched the pilot and skipped the rest of season 1 you would be OK. So over the past few weeks I saw most of seasons 2-4 and have watched all of season 5 so far. Great series. I enjoy seeing Jonathan Banks again. He was on one of my old favorite shows, Wiseguy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Definitely not hooked. I went through this with MadMen.

BTW, I think these "buzz shows" get too much of a free ride. Every single one of them is "the best show on television". Sopranos is the mold for most of these. And, IMO, it's still far-and-away the best one.
    Some episodes of The Sopranos are perfect. but it does have its dull points and the characters can be grating. Every character in the final season seemed to piss me off.

Getting back on topic, if I had to voice a complaint so far it would be that I feel they're going too fast regarding Walt's evilness. Seasons 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, there was a nice fluid transition. Walt's characterization so far in S5 just doesn't seem to flow from S4 as well as previous years.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Some episodes of The Sopranos are perfect. but it does have its dull points and the characters can be grating. Every character in the final season seemed to piss me off.

Getting back on topic, if I had to voice a complaint so far it would be that I feel they're going too fast regarding Walt's evilness. Seasons 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, there was a nice fluid transition. Walt's characterization so far in S5 just doesn't seem to flow from S4 as well as previous years.
    I dunno. I think there has always been a little push forward, pull back with Walt. So far season 5 seems to be the same kind of back and forth we've always seen. At the end of the fourth season, he was starting to have thoughts about getting out of the business entirely and focus on his family, but I think he realized there wouldn't be money coming in and he figured with Gus out of the picture, he could take over with minimal risk of harm.

The progression seems consistent to me, but we'll see how far they go with this.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Well Gilligan and Cranston have said it's a Mr. Chips to Scarface transformation. We know where he ends and they've given three huge clues that it's going there over the last two seasons.

1. Steven Bauer playing Don Eladio.

2. Buying a M60 in the season 5 teaser scene from episode 1.

3. Watching Scarface in the last episode.

I'm sure there are more those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I think Walt's "break" toward the bad has increased this season.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post

I haven't seen it quite the same way you have. I see it more as Walt thinks he's that evil and powerful, when it is probably going to come back to bite him pretty soon here. I'm not trusting Mike that much these days, and I think some stuff is going to hit the fan here pretty soon. Not exactly a bold prediction considering the nature of this show, but I don't think people respect Walt's evil and power nearly as much as he thinks they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I haven't seen it quite the same way you have. I see it more as Walt thinks he's that evil and powerful, when it is probably going to come back to bite him pretty soon here. I'm not trusting Mike that much these days, and I think some stuff is going to hit the fan here pretty soon. Not exactly a bold prediction considering the nature of this show, but I don't think people respect Walt's evil and power nearly as much as he thinks they do.
    Very true. Mike would have wasted Walt after he killed Gustavo if not for Jesse having earned Mike's respect and not wanting him to do it.

That said, I tend to think they'll wrap up the arc with Walt pulling back at the end. I think everyone seems to expect his demise and I think Vince ultimately thrives on towing the fine line between good and evil.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

So, assuming gilligan isn't misleading us I think it's safe to conclude the ricin vial will come into play somehow again. Not really sure how it will, but I'm pretty confident it will play a significant role.

My insane conspiracy theory:

1. the ricin vial is hidden behind an outlet
    2. we know it can easily be put into a cigarette if someone wants to poison someone
    3. Skylar has started smoking due to stress/fear of Walt
    4. Marie knows about Ted/affair and may ask Skylar about it
    5. Skylar holds back and doesn't tell truth, but is beyond pissed at Walt and confronts him for being painted as the bad person
    6. Walt fears she may say eff it all and confess to Marie
    7. Walt ........

no he couldn't possibly do that could he?

Last edited by ervinsm84; 08-01-2012 at 01:52 AM.
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Great season so far...

Really hoping for a Mike spin off series. Scenes I enjoyed from the last episode was the cooking scenes ( been awhile ) and the scene with Walt & Jessie about " being too close to the sun". Not clear if it was a warning to Jessie or Mike or Walt realizing how deep all this really is.....

The book at the beginning is by Walter Whitman. Its about "sense' and realizing your existence.

Question: Who do you think Walt kills first this season to make a point ?
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Great season so far...

Really hoping for a Mike spin off series. Scenes I enjoyed from the last episode was the cooking scenes ( been awhile ) and the scene with Walt & Jessie about " being too close to the sun". Not clear if it was a warning to Jessie or Mike or Walt realizing how deep all this really is.....

The book at the beginning is by Walter Whitman. Its about "sense' and realizing your existence.

I think it was a warning to Mike, but said to Jesse with subtle undertones that he's in charge. His assertion, I thought, was that Mike had no authority to decide who else gets paid.

If there's a spin-off, personally, I want it to be Saul Goodman lol

There could be a pretty funny crime sitcom with Goodman as the main character.

There is one really weak part that I didn't get.

How can "all of the cousins" who would exact revenge be killed?

And, why wouldn't another (or several fight for it) cartel just swoop in and take over?

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post

The tweaker who played Solfeggietto at the music store.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The tweaker who played Solfeggietto at the music store.
    I'm not just going to stand here and do nothing while you defile Skinny Pete!

If there's a spin-off, personally, I want it to be Saul Goodman lol

There could be a pretty funny crime sitcom with Goodman as the main character.
    There have been rumblings that Saul will be in a spinoff but nothing concrete.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?