Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Play the Hot Hand?

Play the Hot Hand?

Glad that the Reds are clicking so well right now and the moves that Dusty makes seem to keep working (except for sending both LAtos and Bailey back out to sart the eighth in 2 of the last three games), but what would Heisey have to do to get some regular PT. 3 -for -4 off of Halladay gets you a spot on the pines the next two nights. Almost at .280 for the year and seems to be the 25th guy on the roster anymore.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Play the Hot Hand?

He's obviously in Dusty's doghouse, that's the only explanation at this point. Who knows what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemo14 View Post
    Glad that the Reds are clicking so well right now and the moves that Dusty makes seem to keep working (except for sending both LAtos and Bailey back out to sart the eighth in 2 of the last three games), but what would Heisey have to do to get some regular PT. 3 -for -4 off of Halladay gets you a spot on the pines the next two nights. Almost at .280 for the year and seems to be the 25th guy on the roster anymore.
    Heisey seems fine with a start now and then. But I've noticed in the past 2,3 starts in a row, not so good. Swings at any and everything strikes out almost as often as Stubbs. He's a poor man's Drew Stubbs, and that's not saying a whole lot.

I would imagine it would be kind of hard to get into a rhythm when you get one or two starts a week. Stubbs plays six times a week and swings and misses more than anyone in baseball.

Stubbs has incriminating photos. That is all I can figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by jback76 View Post
    Heisey seems fine with a start now and then. But I've noticed in the past 2,3 starts in a row, not so good. Swings at any and everything strikes out almost as often as Stubbs. He's a poor man's Drew Stubbs, and that's not saying a whole lot.
    The big difference between them is that Heisey makes a whole lot more contact, while Stubbs has more speed. Both are good defenders, strike out copiously, and have moderate power. Their value is probably close to the same. Heisey's just a little bit easier to put up with as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    He's obviously in Dusty's doghouse, that's the only explanation at this point. Who knows what happened.
    Seriously....he might be the last guy to get into a doghouse. I mean this guy never cries boo, plays his tail off every opportunity, puts his body at risk as much as anyone....and is the 25th man....and when Hanigan won the game a few nights ago...he was the first guy on the field congratulating him.

Maybe Dusty's wife thinks he's dreamy...or said his name at an inopportune time.

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    The big difference between them is that Heisey makes a whole lot more contact, while Stubbs has more speed. Both are good defenders, strike out copiously, and have moderate power. Their value is probably close to the same. Heisey's just a little bit easier to put up with as a fan.
    Stubbs would be as well starting 7x a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Maybe Dusty's wife thinks he's dreamy... .
    I dunno about Dusty's wife, but my wife thinks he's dreamy
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

Last night Heisey ran through Mark Berry's stop sign and got tagged out five feet from home, Then he went back to the bench and *****ed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie52 View Post
    Last night Heisey ran through Mark Berry's stop sign and got tagged out five feet from home, Then he went back to the bench and *****ed about it.
    Not true. Berry was stopping Phillips and Heisey thought he was the one being stopped. Berry actually pushed Heisey towards home.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie52 View Post
    Actually the story is that Berry was yelling to BP to stop but Heisey thought he was yelling at him --- in my book Berry should have been clear with his commands -- but we've seen other plays that have been questioned with berry
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Turn Off Ads?