Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Transactions

Re: Transactions

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Brad Boxberger to AA. Chase Ware to A+.
    Good move. Boxberger pitched well in Lynchburg. Hopefully Donnie Joseph will join him soon in Carolina.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Good deal for Boxberger. When he was drafted, I thought the pick was a reach, but, so far, he's been far better as a starter than I thought he'd be. I would love to see Joseph join him, as Carolina could use the help.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Good move. Boxberger pitched well in Lynchburg. Hopefully Donnie Joseph will join him soon in Carolina.

Like to see Nick Christiani make this move too.

Resident PED Expert

As non prospect ridden as the Carolina Bullpen is, you'd think they would have been up already. Feel bad for Thurman. He might be in Cincy or at least Louisville already if he hadn't got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    As non prospect ridden as the Carolina Bullpen is, you'd think they would have been up already. Feel bad for Thurman. He might be in Cincy or at least Louisville already if he hadn't got injured.
    What's the story on Thurman? I thought he was a fast comer. Whar's the injury and prognosis?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I dont know who predicted that Boxburger would be moved up right after the All Star game but you were dead on.

I think it was OBM.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    What's the story on Thurman? I thought he was a fast comer. Whar's the injury and prognosis?
    I believe him and A. Gonzalez both had TJ surgery. IIRC... I felt Thurman had an outstanding chance of being pushed thought the system this year with his exception showing his first year and a half. He did get hurt early enough this year he should be ready to go this time next year if TJ surgery was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    I believe him and A. Gonzalez both had TJ surgery. IIRC... I felt Thurman had an outstanding chance of being pushed thought the system this year with his exception showing his first year and a half. He did get hurt early enough this year he should be ready to go this time next year if TJ surgery was the case.
    Thanks. I must've missed that.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

From Jamie Ramsey:

Minor League news today, Chris Burke was released by the organization.

http://twitter.com/Jamieblog

As far as I'm concerned, bringing in Gary Matthews, Jr. to replace Chris Burke is a minor organizational upgrade. I wasn't a fan of the signing--I don't know any respectable Reds fan who is--but at least he's replacing the right guy.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, bringing in Gary Matthews, Jr. to replace Chris Burke is a minor organizational upgrade. I wasn't a fan of the signing--I don't know any respectable Reds fan who is--but at least he's replacing the right guy.
    As of now he is ... :P

Bray up and LeCure sent down.

Wonder who will get the next spot in the rotation. Wood?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Bray up and LeCure sent down.

Wonder who will get the next spot in the rotation. Wood?
    It could get skipped and then Edinson comes up. At first I was thinking Maloney, but now that I've seen Wood's numbers recently...yeah, if it's a AAA arm it should be Travis.

LHP Daryl Harang has been given his release. Harang, 27, was 1-2 with a 7.36 ERA over 14 games this season with the Mudcats. Harang opened the season with the Mudcats, and was sent to High-A Lynchburg at the end of April before returning to the Mudcats in late May. Harang's last appearance was a scoreless inning on June 20th against Mississippi, and had not appeared in the current series against the Smokies.

Resident PED Expert

It's good to see the Reds making moves like this, Bray Up ~ Little Harang Released. The Bray move is going to pay immediate dividends, the Harang move will as soon as they move Joseph up...

Now I am excited to see if the Reds call up Wood or recall Maloney...

Turn Off Ads?