Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/16/2012 Mets at Reds Sweep Day!

Re: 8/16/2012 Mets at Reds Sweep Day!

Insert your favorite Grande-ism here. How about a bloop and a blast?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm rooting for a HBP
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

It's a 5 to 4 game, if we didn't give up 3 unearned runs.... (If 'IFs and BUTs' were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas...)
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

lol 3 pitches
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Our weakest link.....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

good morning

good afternoon

and good night...
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Lol. Back to the bengals game.

To be fair to Wilson, his at-bat was just a little more inept than how Heisey and Mesoraco managed to make outs against Francisco.

nothing like padding the team stats in the 9th...

This goes back to my theory that HR and other power number stats are sometimes not what they seem.

I know you can't pick exactly when you hit, but ludwick's HR was meaningless and so was the other hits in that inning. It's good for your stats, but they don't help the team much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    To be fair to Wilson, his at-bat was just a little more inept than how Heisey and Mesoraco managed to make outs against Francisco.
    very true...Heisey and Mes's at bat's were not good.

Does Geroge Grande own a dress shirt that has sleeves? I mean really...

The Snakes need to avoid a sweep by the Cards... 0-0 in the 3rd.

I just don't know how this team competes offensively against elite teams in the post season. They rely so heavily on their pitching it's hard to imagine them winning more than a game in a short series. Just throw a tough righty at them like tonight. They've proved they can succeed in the regular season, just like 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post

This goes back to my theory that HR and other power number stats are sometimes not what they seem.

I know you can't pick exactly when you hit, but ludwick's HR was meaningless and so was the other hits in that inning. It's good for your stats, but they don't help the team much.
    So should Ludwick have just not swung at all?

I've seen enough 9th inning comebacks in my life to know you go up there looking for the best outcome in every at bat because you just never know when the other team might implode.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post

Or not just giving away ABs? Not seeing that as a bad attribute, esp. considering the state of the Mets pen and the confidence of a team that they can overcome any deficit. What if the Mets had just thrown away their ABs in the top of the 9th? Then its only 6-4 with two men on.

I like to think that MLB players can manage to muster up effort, even in a seemingly blowout game, and give their best effort regardless of the score. This shows a lot more integrity than one making charges of stat padding, who I guess recommends just standing up there and looking at pitches until he walks or strikes out.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?