Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillies @ Reds 4/17/13

Re: Phillies @ Reds 4/17/13

Leake has great entrance taste. I consider (as well as the Grammys) .fun the best new thing I've heard in awhile. But back to baseball, a sweep puts us back where we were before the Pittsburgh debacle.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Looks like A-Choo is tradeable, fine without him, except for that Robinson Hi-C mix up.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Leake has great entrance taste. I consider (as well as the Grammys) .fun the best new thing I've heard in awhile. But back to baseball, a sweep puts us back where we were before the Pittsburgh debacle.
    And then there's Frazier. Cracks me up everytime I hear a MLB player walking up to Sinatra. Classic.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    What happened where the Cards got a reset on their game yesterday while they were losing?
    Pretty sure they were only in the second.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

The redheaded dude calling the game on ESPN2 with Larkin and Boone is freaking me out. He looks like the dummy from The Twilight Zone.

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

Falcon7 (04-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Is there a better pitcher than Mike Leake?
    There are but if he's throwing low 90's with significant sink as regularly as gameday shows, we're not going to have to worry about him this year.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Nice play by Howard. Dicey right by the railing.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Where are all the "Leake sucks" and "average #5 starter" posts? *grin*

Yeah, he'll get beat around sometimes...but he'll also do THIS sometimes. Typical young starting pitcher....inconsistent.
    Don't hex him. I can't count the times Leake has had the wheels come off in the middle innings.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Has anyone ever won this truck they're always talking about?
    No. Toyota donates it to a local fire or police department after a year or two.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The redheaded dude calling the game on ESPN2 with Larkin and Boone is freaking me out. He looks like the dummy from The Twilight Zone.

Who? Jerry Mahoney? Only us old folks will remember that.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    There are but if he's throwing low 90's with significant sink as regularly as gameday shows, we're not going to have to worry about him this year.
    Hitting at a .429 clip doesn't hurt either (OPSing at 1.143).

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Ummm ... we've worked the Phillies for almost a hundred pitches through three innings. Not a lot of early swinging that I've seen.
    Disagree. lots of first pitch swinging, such as the Mes double and a lot of first pitch foul balls or strikes, such as Phillips first swing grounder foul.

I get frustrated by folks who complain when there is a first pitch out but not a first pitch swing. It is not like any batter is swinging in order to miss the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Nice play by Howard. Dicey right by the railing.
    You've had too much coke man, that was ROUTINE. Even this old fart could have made that grab.

Boone has language or math problems... "Reds have made the playoffs four of the last three years."

So that update didn't sound too good about Cueto. Hopefully Bailey and Leake can keep pitching like this for another couple weeks

Turn Off Ads?