Turn Off Ads?
Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Looks like Spiller was not on it but there are some hilarious picks:
    Well, you have to allow some slack, considering that list was from 7+ months before the draft.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Why you little...
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson are the only two guys I can't think of recently that are good enough to warrant a steep draft pick price. I've seen Richardson play a lot and he's really good, but I just don't see him as a rare talent that doesn't come along that often. I thought Reggie Bush was that guy, but that's proven wrong. It's rare that a highly drafted RB winds up being the type of talent you'd give up multiple picks for.
    I won't disagree about the fact he isn't quite worth that but this is an occasion where I think it is time for the Bengals to overpay for something if need be. By that I mean if Matt Forte and Ray Rice are retained by their respective teams (i'm sure they will be) and you can't deal for a RFA like Arian Foster then you need to find a dynamic answer at the position. A guy who might be available (I think he is a FA) but comes with a question who could be dynamic is Fred Jackson. But that may be a reach not sure. I also don't believe they have a dynamic answer in house at this juncture. I like Scott but he isn't a great back merely a solid 2nd or 3rd back.

With Dalton and company I think they need a force at RB. One that can carry the load and catch out of the backfield and block Richardson is available and can do all 3 things. That said I would love to find a way to get said RB without spending those 2 1st rounders on them because the OL and secondary (and arguably the LB corps) need an infusion of talent. Anyone think we could get Matt Forte for a 1st round pick?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I won't disagree about the fact he isn't quite worth that but this is an occasion where I think it is time for the Bengals to overpay for something if need be. By that I mean if Matt Forte and Ray Rice are retained by their respective teams (i'm sure they will be) and you can't deal for a RFA like Arian Foster then you need to find a dynamic answer at the position. A guy who might be available (I think he is a FA) but comes with a question who could be dynamic is Fred Jackson. But that may be a reach not sure. I also don't believe they have a dynamic answer in house at this juncture. I like Scott but he isn't a great back merely a solid 2nd or 3rd back.

With Dalton and company I think they need a force at RB. One that can carry the load and catch out of the backfield and block Richardson is available and can do all 3 things. That said I would love to find a way to get said RB without spending those 2 1st rounders on them because the OL and secondary (and arguably the LB corps) need an infusion of talent. Anyone think we could get Matt Forte for a 1st round pick?
    I mentioned this before but Michael Bush would be a great pick up. He doesn't have as many carries on him as the other free agents and he might want to sign with the Bengals to be close to home. He also fits the power running profile the Bengals seem to like.

I wonder if there is any availability for Steven Jackson? Always liked him, Rams are clearly bottomed out... Thoughts?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I wonder if there is any availability for Steven Jackson? Always liked him, Rams are clearly bottomed out... Thoughts?
    I think the Bengals should sniff around Fred Jackson. He was having a career year before a broken bone in his leg. He fits the West Coast well and the Bills have Spiller. He may be older but he has low mileage, as he was late getting to the NFL. 3rd round pick could do it.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    No way. The Rams have run him into the ground and he's approaching 30. Workhorse running backs like him go down hill fast.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Mike Tolbert.

Isn't Marshawn Lynch a FA this year. May be worth taking a flyer on if he will leave Seattle. He's averaged 4 ypc for his career and seems to have pretty good hands out of the backfield and he's only 25.

I think the ideal back for Gruden's system in Micheal Bush. Bruiser with great hands. I believe he's a FA as well. Being from Louisville, he might even be inclined to sign here.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson are the only two guys I can't think of recently that are good enough to warrant a steep draft pick price. I've seen Richardson play a lot and he's really good, but I just don't see him as a rare talent that doesn't come along that often. I thought Reggie Bush was that guy, but that's proven wrong. It's rare that a highly drafted RB winds up being the type of talent you'd give up multiple picks for.
    Agreed. I see Richardson as more of a Darren McFadden type. No doubt very good, but not enough to sacrifice multiple picks to trade up for.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    I think the ideal back for Gruden's system in Micheal Bush. Bruiser with great hands. I believe he's a FA as well. Being from Louisville, he might even be inclined to sign here.
    Now that is an interesting idea. Bush or Hillis (the latter on a one-year deal) are the FA RBs I'd target. I really like the idea of Bush.
    Last edited by Benihana; 01-13-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Kudos for Carlos Dunlap. He was worth a top 5 pick
    I think a major contributing factor to the Bengals' 2nd-half defense decline was Dunlap's hamstring pull. He was an absolute terror the first half of the year but never was the same after pulling a hammy.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

How has no one reported on Gruden's 3 year extension yet?

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...ordinator.html
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I mentioned this before but Michael Bush would be a great pick up. He doesn't have as many carries on him as the other free agents and he might want to sign with the Bengals to be close to home. He also fits the power running profile the Bengals seem to like.
    Bush is a decent fall back option and/or backup RB candidate (i.e. someone who can carry the load should the #1 go down) but he is a bit too one dimensional or if you will just not dynamic enough. As an example I am looking for our McFadden with Bush as a capable backup. We need someone who flat scares the opposing defense because IMO Dalton needs electric players so we don't have to plod down the field alot. Green is one, IMO Simpson can be a solid #2 (unless he wants too much money), Gresham is sound for TE (though nowhere near a Jimmy Graham or Aaron Hernandez type) assuming we have an electric RB in place.

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?