Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds interested in Mike Cameron?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds In on Cameron

According to Tom Krasovic of the San Diego Union-Tribune, Mike Cameron's agent tonight said he has a new suitor. Krasovic makes an educated guess that the Reds are that team. He cites Cameron's desire to play for Dusty Baker, the possible defensive improvement, and the availability of Josh Hamilton as factors. It would be odd for the Reds to spend their remaining money on a position player though.

Cameron enjoyed his time in Cincinnati in 1999, hitting .256/.357/.469 as a 26 year-old before being included in the Griffey trade. Wouldn't it be interesting if the Reds brought back Cameron and Brett Tomko? And Antonio Perez is probably kicking around somewhere too.
    Please no.

Re: Reds In on Cameron

no way

There HAS to be a reason for our interest in OF's. I am guessing Hamilton and Freel are as good as gone...

I think the rumors are just false and made up honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    I think the rumors are just false and made up honestly.

I sure hope so...I have NO desire for Cameron back in Cincy...:thumbdown

I put this in the same category of Tomko Lieber and Wells.

People just guessing and hoping it sticks for a few extra reads.

Re: Reds interested in Mike Cameron?

So once Hamilton is traded they can block Bruce again?

People are underestimating the power of Dusty Baker. He's going to try and get all the players he likes (Willis, Cameron) with no recognition of the star prospects that would be blocked if we get them (Cueto, Bruce)

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post
    People are underestimating the power of Dusty Baker. He's going to try and get all the players he likes (Willis, Cameron) with no recognition of the star prospects that would be blocked if we get them (Cueto, Bruce)
    I vote a very loud NO! on Mike Cameron.

He starting the 2008 season with a 25 day suspension for using an illegal stimulant.

Hopefully, that means his value is decreasing, and he can be signed on the cheap.
    But that also means that he is unavailable to the Reds for the first month. I am thinking that if the Reds sign him, it is as a fourth outfielder and defensive replacement. He is not replacing anyone (Hamilton), or getting in anyone's way (Bruce).

Considering he is 35 and starting the season under suspension, I doubt anyone is offering a full time starting job, or a lot of money.

I do think that his numbers have been suppressed by playing in pitchers parks the last 7 years. I think he could put up nice #'s in GAPB.

This is funny... the same thread on the org is excited about the possibility of Cameron - while us sundeckers are getting ready to jump out a window.....

....because the old timers on ORG are overrated in their opinions.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post
    Just wait til the Hamilton-for-Willis trade goes down and we have to take Jacque Jones too.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    ....because the old timers on ORG are overrated in their opinions.
    In your underrated opinion?
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Turn Off Ads?