Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Francoeur to Reds?

Francoeur to Reds?

Per a Ken Rosenthal tweet, Jeff Francoeur is down to deciding between three teams, one of them being the Reds.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

The dude isn't even worth taking a flier on. PASS.

Still has a nice arm, but can't hit or take a walk. I just don't get this potential move at all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Francoeur to Reds?

I would hate, hate, hate this move.

Lets hope he doesn't choose the Reds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Yeah, cause our right-handed OF options are sooooo thick right now.

C'mon guys! Who did you think we were going to get without giving up someone? Sorry, but Francoeur is as good as it gets if you want to upgrade the OF without giving up a good prospect. You guys love you some Derrick Robinson and Chris Heisey, eh?

Let's get serious. No one here "likes" Francoeur. But is he an upgrade over Derrick Robinson? Absolutely.

I love Frenchy. He provides nothing offensively and is a saber metric nightmare.....but I could watch him and Ankiel throw from the OF all day.

Did Frenchy do well in GABP or am I making that up.

It would be a silly pickup....they would get more out of Andruw Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Yeah, cause our right-handed OF options are sooooo thick right now.

C'mon guys! Who did you think we were going to get without giving up someone? Sorry, but Francoeur is as good as it gets if you want to upgrade the OF without giving up a good prospect. You guys love you some Derrick Robinson and Chris Heisey, eh?

Let's get serious. No one here "likes" Francoeur. But is he an upgrade over Derrick Robinson? Absolutely.
    Do you really think he's even an upgrade over Robinson? Francoeur has been unbelievably terrible. Worst player in baseball terrible. That's not an exaggeration. At least Robinson brings speed to the table, and he's been getting on base at a halfway decent clip. Jeff Francoeur is a poor man's Jonny Gomes.

8. Likes:

BoxingRed (07-08-2013)

If Robinson is relegated to a purely pinch-hitting role (with Heisey and Paul platooning in LF), could you argue that Frenchy would be a better option, especially against LHP? Robinson would have more value if he was to be used as a defensive replacement for Choo in late innings, but Dusty is not going to do that.

I'll take Heisey over Frenchy any and every day of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

11. Likes:

BoxingRed (07-08-2013),Hubba (07-08-2013),kbrake (07-08-2013),oneupper (07-08-2013),WildcatFan (07-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Sorry, but Francoeur is as good as it gets if you want to upgrade the OF without giving up a good prospect. You guys love you some Derrick Robinson and Chris Heisey, eh?
    Not so sure about that. Francoeur can't play CF I don't think, and his last full season in the majors he OPSed .665. Prior to his release from KC, he was below .600. Heisey -- even during his much-maligned 2012 -- was in the low .700s and Robinson looks at least like a speedier .650 to .700. Both of those guys can play all three OF positions, too.

No love for Frenchy here. Pass.

13. Likes:

coachpipe (07-08-2013),marcshoe (07-07-2013)

Jeff Francoeur's 2012 line: .235 BA .287 OBP .378 SLG
    Francoer's 2013 line: .208/.249/.322

Francouer is basically Heisey only older and more expensive (though we would presumably be getting him for the minimum).
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

What have we done to deserve this madness?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Francouer is basically Heisey only older and more expensive (though we would presumably be getting him for the minimum).
    With howitzer

It is crazy how much money one can make from 2 extremely productive months at the beginning of a major league career. People still think he can hit like he did in his first 70 games at the major league level. He and Chris Shelton are the poster boys of why you should never get too excited or depressed about a small sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    With howitzer
    Say what?

Turn Off Ads?