Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mat Latos needs to get his head on straight.

Re: Mat Latos needs to get his head on straight.

Guys have a bad outing every now and then.

Latos was nails down the stretch and saved our butts in Game 1. Sometimes the offense has to pick a guy up when they're not on their game, but we all know that wasn't happening.

Mat Latos is not a problem at all. He's one of the few things that I still feel really good about after this 3-game meltdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?

In fairness to Latos, things didn't really start to snowball until Cozart's error. That was huge, and not talked about enough IMO.

If not for Latos, Reds wouldn't have even made it to a game five. He saved the Reds in game one.

However, Mat agrees that he needs to improve mentally.

"Mental improvement," he said. "If I don't let those little things get to me, who knows now that if they score two runs and we win 3-2? Or they score three runs and we win 4-3? It was a mental error on me. I'm not making excuses. I screwed it up. This game is 100 percent on me. I let down my teammates, and that's what bugs me the most right now."
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...s_cin&c_id=cin

This guy will win a Cy Young with the Reds, IMO.

I like the kid, even though I think tattoos are silly. What would impress me is if this memory spurs him to go into Spring Training readier than he was this year. That, in my opinion, is the mark of an adult major league ball player.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    hings didn't really start to snowball until Cozart's error. That was huge, and not talked about enough IMO.
    The reds defense in the last three games was like a totally different team than what we had seen most of the year. Not sure why that was, but it was.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    The reds defense in the last three games was like a totally different team than what we had seen most of the year. Not sure why that was, but it was.
    Reminiscent of Game 2 in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    You can only call it chocking at this point. To do something that has been out of the norm all year....is letting the situation overwhelm you. Or to be blunt or the opposing teams fans ... chocking.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    You can only call it chocking at this point. To do something that has been out of the norm all year....is letting the situation overwhelm you. Or to be blunt or the opposing teams fans ... chocking.
    I think misspelling "choking" is a clear example of choking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Otherwise he will never be a big game pitcher as long he continues to completely and humiliatingly meltdown every time calls don't go in his way.

Thoughts?
    Thoughts?

Grow up.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Thoughts?

Grow up.
    Sorry my opinion doesn't jive with yours. I think it's you that needs to grow up.

Let's not make things personal, folks. We're all on the same side here in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Sorry my opinion doesn't jive with yours. I think it's you that needs to grow up.
    You asked for thoughts. I gave mine.

p.s. - do you see any irony in saying that someone you don't know needs to "get his head on straight," but it's offensive when a similar criticism is directed at you?

You asked for thoughts. I gave mine.

p.s. - do you see any irony in saying that someone you don't know needs to "get his head on straight," but it's offensive when a similar criticism is directed at you?
    Yeah and it was petty and childish. Best left unshared.

The guy has a visible meltdown on the mound and shows up the ump, and proceeds to lose the game by giving up a grand slam immediately after. Why ever would I criticize that, though!

Yeah and it was petty and childish. Best left unshared.

The guy has a visible meltdown on the mound and shows up the ump, and proceeds to lose the game by giving up a grand slam immediately after. Why ever would I criticize that, though!
    We all have good days and bad days. Can't question the guy's fire. If you're waiting on Superman, he ain't coming.

We all have good days and bad days. Can't question the guy's fire. If you're waiting on Superman, he ain't coming.
    There's a difference between not having your stuff on a given day, and having a self induced breakdown on the mound. Know any other big game pitchers that lose it on the mound with the game on the line?

Turn Off Ads?