Turn Off Ads?

Thread: a Good old Krusty inspirational trade idea

a Good old Krusty inspirational trade idea

I like many wonder if this is the time to sell High on guys like Arroyo and Harang. In Krusty spirit I am pitching an idea. Adam Jones (not Pacman) and Luke Scott and Kam Mickolio In Exchange for Bronson Arroyo and Chris Dickerson. Baltimore is dieing for a proven ace and this satisfy' s that need in a big way and to me comes across as a realistic deal.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: a Good old Krusty inspirational trade idea

The Orioles realize that they are way behind the pack at the moment, so their focus is youth, and that trade makes them older.

Jones went to Baltimore in the Bedard deal. They seem to think very highly of him, even saying that he will hit 2nd in the order this year. I think it would be hard for us to get all three of those guys, especially with Jones included. Can you call Arroyo a proven ace either? Not a bad trade idea, but I don't see the Os going for it.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Anybody make a call to the Nationals about the availability of Josh Willingham? With Dunn in LF, Nick Johnson at lst, Lasting Milledge in CF and either Austin Kearns or Elijah Dukes in RF, Willingham could be the odd man out. He would be nice in a platoon with Chris Dickerson in LF. And if Willy Taveras struggles, they could shift Dickerson to CF and Willingham to LF. Nothing against Johnny Gomes, who has had a good spring, but the track record isn't that great. I rather see the Reds acquire another veteran option.

Who to trade? How about Bill Bray back to Washington for Willingham? Reds could go with Danny Herrera as the second lefty in the pen with Pedro Viola in Louisville waiting in the wings.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

I don't think the O's would entertain that discussion.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Anybody make a call to the Nationals about the availability of Josh Willingham? With Dunn in LF, Nick Johnson at lst, Lasting Milledge in CF and either Austin Kearns or Elijah Dukes in RF, Willingham could be the odd man out. He would be nice in a platoon with Chris Dickerson in LF. And if Willy Taveras struggles, they could shift Dickerson to CF and Willingham to LF. Nothing against Johnny Gomes, who has had a good spring, but the track record isn't that great. I rather see the Reds acquire another veteran option.

Who to trade? How about Bill Bray back to Washington for Willingham? Reds could go with Danny Herrera as the second lefty in the pen with Pedro Viola in Louisville waiting in the wings.
    I would love to have Josh Willingham and I don't think the asking price would be too much talent-wise, but it all depends on whether or not Jocketty is allowed to add his $2.95M salary...

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I would love to have Josh Willingham and I don't think the asking price would be too much talent-wise, but it all depends on whether or not Jocketty is allowed to add his $2.95M salary...
    Jocketty was allowed to add $2 Mil this year and $4Mil for next year for a CF we didn't need, so it would completely defy logic to add $2.95 Mil for a LF we actually do need.

.... although I love me some Gomes, and I think he's gonna be great dumpster diving for Krivsky... er, I mean Jocketty.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Jocketty was allowed to add $2 Mil this year and $4Mil for next year for a CF we didn't need, so it would completely defy logic to add $2.95 Mil for a LF we actually do need.

.... although I love me some Gomes, and I think he's gonna be great dumpster diving for Krivsky... er, I mean Jocketty.
    Yeah, well that is what happens when the GM jumps the gun on a guy nobody else wanted (except maybe for the deranged White Sox). It kinda reminds me of the $3M we gave to CPatt last year when nobody else wanted him. Oh Dusty...

That's the kind of deal the O's used to make. Not anymore. I think they want to keep their Markakis-Jones-Pie OF together for awhile. Now, perhaps if you threw in Harang instead of Arroyo they'd be willing to talk... but unlikely.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Trading Harang now would not be selling high, it would be selling low.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Trading Harang now would not be selling high, it would be selling low.
    I agree. I'm just responding to the original post, which suggested that the Reds deal Arroyo and Dickerson for Jones and others. To even have a prayer of bending McPhail's ear, the Reds would have to put Aaron in that deal, no question. I'm not saying they should do that--but that's what it would take.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Arroyo a proven ace? I can't imagine any team coming after Arroyo thinking that he is a proven ace, especially a team that has to play in the AL East.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Yeah, well that is what happens when the GM jumps the gun on a guy nobody else wanted (except maybe for the deranged White Sox). It kinda reminds me of the $3M we gave to CPatt last year when nobody else wanted him. Oh Dusty...
    Hey, whoa didn't the white sox win a world series. Kenny Williams KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING.

jk

Wilingham would be a great fit for the reds, especially considering Washington didn't give up much to get him. I'm still a big fan of Nick Swisher and he might come cheap because the Yankees look like they are just going to let him rot on the bench which is awful.

One of those two would really be a big boost to the reds.

Turn Off Ads?