Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the Reds #1 prospect next season? Who makes the biggest leap?

Re: Who will be the Reds #1 prospect next season? Who makes the biggest leap?

Hard pick, but I'm keeping my eyes on Ryan LaMarre.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    I like it. He was next on my list.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Duran's height scares me. There just aren't too many successful players at 6'7". That is a huge strike zone to cover.
    Richie Sexson and Corey Hart are both 6'7". Guys like Adam Dunn, Mike Stanton, Jason Heyward and Michael Taylor aren't far behind.

I'd be curious to see if someone has numbers on the success rate of prospects that are that tall. My guess (without looking at much of the history) is that while there haven't been many successful hitters at 6'7, there haven't been many highly touted prospects either- usually because athletes of that height either opt for pitching or basketball.
    Go BLUE!!!

Someone should see if Duran can pitch.

My sleeper for the year is Neftali Soto. I think he is poised for a HUGE year and should zoom up the list. Could battle for the top spot.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

#1 Prospect - Ismael Guillon
    Biggest Leap - Brian Pearl (not likely in the top 50 this year to top 20 next year).
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    My sleeper for the year is Neftali Soto. I think he is poised for a HUGE year and should zoom up the list. Could battle for the top spot.
    Good one

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Someone should see if Duran can pitch.

That would be sweet. Not a bad pick at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    #1 Prospect - Ismael Guillon
    Biggest Leap - Brian Pearl (not likely in the top 50 this year to top 20 next year).
    I like the pick of Guillon. That's a darkhorse pick and one that I actually considered. I really, really like his arm. I think he'll jump into the top five at least.

I think Mez at #1 and Alonso will be 2.

Biggest leap I am going to guess will be Mugarian.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Yeah, I like this pick. This would be my #2 pick.

My guess is that this is the year that Kyle Lotzkar stays healthy and puts up big numbers and as a result leaps to the top 5 of organzational prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Richie Sexson and Corey Hart are both 6'7". Guys like Adam Dunn, Mike Stanton, Jason Heyward and Michael Taylor aren't far behind.

I'd be curious to see if someone has numbers on the success rate of prospects that are that tall. My guess (without looking at much of the history) is that while there haven't been many successful hitters at 6'7, there haven't been many highly touted prospects either- usually because athletes of that height either opt for pitching or basketball.
    Dave Winfield did okay at baseball

So did Frank Howard

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I like the pick of Guillon. That's a darkhorse pick and one that I actually considered. I really, really like his arm. I think he'll jump into the top five at least.
    Not sure if the "experts" will choose him #1 but I think they will have him top 5. But I do think he will get alot of consideration for #1 here, as always assuming health.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I think Grandal will be the top guy next year. He is already rated high withouh having played in the pros.

Lotzkar is the biggest mover if he can stay healthy.

Duran's career path I think will be similar to former Dodger top prospect Joel Guzman. He also signed as a 16 year old with light tower power from the DR for a then record 1.6 million. He grew to 6'6" and never was able to manage the strike zone enough to make the big leagues.

Its will be a very interesting year for Reds prospects. They have a couple of high level guys, Alonso and Frazier guys who have lost some of their shine and need to get back on track plus a slew of really young guy with elite potential. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Turn Off Ads?