Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Boy, the Management really has faith in our chances...

Boy, the Management really has faith in our chances...

Couldn't believe this as I looked around the Reds official site about playoff tickets!!! Somebody should update this...or at least have waited until they were officially out of the race!

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...x.jsp?c_id=cin

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Boy, the Management really has faith in our chances...

As a Reds fan, there are times when I feel that I am not watching a baseball team, but a sketch comedy show.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Can you blame them? Nobody thought we would catch the Cards a couple of weeks ago. It certainly seemed lke the rest of the season was just a formality. Who would have expected the Cards to drop 7 in a row like this?

I noticed on the Astros site they start selling playoff tickets tomorrow. The Reds are going to be scrambling to sell tickets at the last minute if we make it.

I don't have a problem with them not selling playoff tickets (yet), but I think the "message" thanking fans and pimping 2007 tickets was a bit premature.

Until the Reds are mathmatically eliminated, this type of thing should NOT be appearing on the Reds official website.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I don't have a problem with them not selling playoff tickets (yet), but I think the "message" thanking fans and pimping 2007 tickets was a bit premature.

Until the Reds are mathmatically eliminated, this type of thing should NOT be appearing on the Reds official website.

It shouldn't be appearing until the season's over.

But who cares about not being able to purchase playoff vouchers yet? It's not like those seats won't sell out in 20 minutes anyway.

You guys are just complaining for the sake of complaining at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post

You guys are just complaining for the sake of complaining at this point.
    Guttle--I wasn't at all complaining for the sake of complaining. I do think it's in poor taste to say "see you in 2007" before the season is over...and especially since the Reds aren't mathmatically eliminated yet.

It just seemed very strange that as the Reds are 2 1/2 games out in the last week of the season--realizing the Cards have gone in the crapper--that the main ticket info page says to check back in the off season for 2007 tickets.

If anything, it seems premature for the sake of bagging a not so pleasant September. While I'd be glad to win the division, the playoff series would be very ugly with all the team would need to do to get there.

Having said that...Go Reds!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Doesn't surprise me. I've purchased home game tickets to the Reds and Astros before, so I'm on both teams' email lists for promotions. The Astros emailed me a few days ago about their plans for selling Division Series tickets. I've never heard a word from the Reds.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?