Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5816234

Horrible story. As usual, some drunk has to ruin it for everyone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

He was just showing the boy good tackling form. Given the NFL's reputation now of head hunting, it's time to instill proper technique on young kids.

"No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Retired

It doesn't suprise me.

I used to have Bengals season tickets, but I don't now. I have seen all kinds of stuff at NFL games, including weapons being pulled on people. A lot of the "fans" are falling down drunk by noon, and looking to cause trouble with anyone they can find. I don't think I would take a kid to an NFL game anymore.

I would NEVER take my child (if I had one) to an NFL game. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend going to most NFL venues these days if you can't handle yourself or are not with someone who can (goes double for away venues).

The idiocy at NFL games these days is off the charts...

I went to Bengals games for almost thirty years and loved it for probably the first twenty five, but the experience has really deteriorated in my opinion. Too many people who can't stop at one...or six beers, too much pregame partying. It's like people don't really even go to watch the game, but rather to get hammered and spend quality time with their friends throwing up and starting fights.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I went to Bengals games for almost thirty years and loved it for probably the first twenty five, but the experience has really deteriorated in my opinion. Too many people who can't stop at one...or six beers, too much pregame partying. It's like people don't really even go to watch the game, but rather to get hammered and spend quality time with their friends throwing up and starting fights.
    I would probably drink too if I had to watch embarrassing football.

Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Part of me wonders if on a very long horizon the NFL isn't going to have trouble selling out games. The short schedule makes each game a big event, but it's a better experience watching at home now with HDTV, especially not having to deal with drunken idiots.

College games are a lot of fun to go to, but I haven't been to a Bengals game in probably 8-9 years and I don't see that changing any time soon.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I would NEVER take my child (if I had one) to an NFL game. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend going to most NFL venues these days if you can't handle yourself or are not with someone who can (goes double for away venues).

The idiocy at NFL games these days is off the charts...

I agree but kids who are into the NFL and have a favorite team love to go to these games. My niece is a Chiefs fan and she would just love to go to K.C. to see a game there.

I don't know what they can do about it but I agree with Redsfaithful in that the NFL is going to have a problem with people going to games because of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I've been to 2 Colts games in the last 2 years, and have yet to see the drunken behavior I've witnessed at Bengals games. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but it is much more rare, in my experience.

The Muni Lot at Browns Stadium is particularly bad. A lot of people who park there are hard core "Dawg Pound" idiots who get there at the crack of dawn to tailgate and get wasted. Of course, the media loves to go there for pre-game shots of "dedicated Browns fans having a good time." They rarely cover the post-game activities, where drunken idiots pick fights with visiting fans and between themselves. I would recommend out-of-town fans avoiding the Muni Lot at all costs. Of course, fans should never have to worry about where they park or whether they need to watch their back after the game. Unfortunately, it's a league-wide problem and I'm sure something like this could have happened at the Meadowlands or Lincoln Financial Field or Heinz Field, even PBS. I think the league needs to look into some of the measures English soccer teams took to weed out the hooligans. Maybe taking pictures of those engaging in offensive behavior and hitting them with a lifetime ban from games would curb this kind of stuff. I don't think banning alcohol will happen (too much money from Budweiser) nor will it stop it (too easy to get blasted pre-game). But as it is I have said I won't take my boys to an NFL game until they're at least 16.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Part of me wonders if on a very long horizon the NFL isn't going to have trouble selling out games. The short schedule makes each game a big event, but it's a better experience watching at home now with HDTV, especially not having to deal with drunken idiots.

College games are a lot of fun to go to, but I haven't been to a Bengals game in probably 8-9 years and I don't see that changing any time soon.
    Perhaps on the very long time frame. But there's a lot of drinking at college football games too, and a lot more tailgating and they still have no problem bringing in crowds. Of course Big Ten stadiums don't serve beer once you're in the stadium.(Or is that just Indiana schools?) That may make a difference in the behavior of the crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Perhaps on the very long time frame. But there's a lot of drinking at college football games too, and a lot more tailgating and they still have no problem bringing in crowds. Of course Big Ten stadiums don't serve beer once you're in the stadium.(Or is that just Indiana schools?) That may make a difference in the behavior of the crowd.
    I think the college game differs in that many of the fans could face expulsion from school for inappropriate behavior if they get too rowdy.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I've been to 2 Colts games in the last 2 years, and have yet to see the drunken behavior I've witnessed at Bengals games. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but it is much more rare, in my experience.
    I think a lot of that has to do with the availability of parking right by the stadium. Outside of the south side of the stadium, generally people are walking a few blocks to get to the game(or so it would appear). IMO, the Bengals didn't have as many behavior problems when games were at Riverfront because the majority of the fans were walking across the bridge over Ft. Washington Way to get to the games. Those fans generally weren't tailgating either because they were parking in garages, and not in lots right next to the stadium.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

"Drunk Browns Fan" is that like saying "wet water".

Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

If someone ever gets seriously hurt or killed I wouldn't be surprised if that fan doesn't file suit against the NFL and/or the team for being unable to control their fans. Kind of like where if a drunk leaves a bar, the bar could be held liable for any accidents the drunk causes on the way home.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?