Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

HAHAHAHAHAHA Matt, did you post this article on 4:20 on purpose?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Nice

.....And Odell Thurman sits on the sidelines. Why make an example out of a LB with one year in the league arrested for a DUI and not a guy who constantly gets caught for drug abuse. Thurman will now sit out at least 2 seasons while even the judge on his case says he has shown himself to be mature and compliant, two things Ricky has never shown.
    Last edited by SeeinRed; 11-14-2007 at 04:42 PM.

How long before Ricky is gone gain?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    .....And Odell Thurman sits on the sidelines. Why make an example out of a LB with one year in the league arrested for a DUI and not a guy who constantly gets caught for drug abuse. Thurman will now sit out at least 2 seasons while even the judge on his case says he has shown himself to be mature and compliant, two things Ricky has never shown.
    I really think there has to be other stuff at play in Thurman's case. If the DUI were his only offense in the time span of his first suspension I think he would be on the field right now. As far as his compliance with the judge's orders from the DUI case, he may be completely fine, but something else unrelated must have happened that we just don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycint View Post
    I really think there has to be other stuff at play in Thurman's case. If the DUI were his only offense in the time span of his first suspension I think he would be on the field right now. As far as his compliance with the judge's orders from the DUI case, he may be completely fine, but something else unrelated must have happened that we just don't know about.
    Maybe, but consider a couple things:

1.) Not one word has ever been made public about the commisioner's decision. Why would he withhold information that justifies his decision? It only makes him look worse, conveying the image of the arbitrary iron fist, and he (or his PR people) has to know that.

2.) Odell and his lawyers have taken his case to court under a violation of The Disabilties Act. His defense is that he is being held out of work as direct result of his alcoholism, which is considered a mental illness. I don't see why he would actually take a case like that to trial if he knew that the commisioner knew there were other reasons why he was suspended (or not reinstated) for another year.

Having said all that, Odell Thurman isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and I wouldn't put getting into further trouble past him. However, everything I've read or heard on the situation has either directly states or suggests he's been on the straight and narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Maybe, but consider a couple things:

1.) Not one word has ever been made public about the commisioner's decision. Why would he withhold information that justifies his decision? It only makes him look worse, conveying the image of the arbitrary iron fist, and he (or his PR people) has to know that.

It only makes him look bad to the partisan fans of the Bengals. To everyone else the Iron Fist Commissioner plays pretty well in the media and the public. He's not coddling these druggie/boozer millionaires, especially the repeat violators.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Ricky's reinstated? I wonder what he'll do to celebrate?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Granted, it has been a long day...

but did I miss something about the meaning of that particular time?

I was thinking, perhaps, that 4 to 20 was his sentence if he tested positive again....

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It only makes him look bad to the partisan fans of the Bengals. To everyone else the Iron Fist Commissioner plays pretty well in the media and the public. He's not coddling these druggie/boozer millionaires, especially the repeat violators.
    Agreed he's made to look good in the media re: Pacman, Chris Henry, and Tank Johnson. However, I still keep in touch with several friends from college, all of them fans of teams not named the Bengals. Invariably, they agree that Odell got screwed. Even my good friend who happens to be a Steelers fan said he was shocked Thurman didn't get back in, and even more confused as to why no reason was given for the snub. The Odell situation hasn't made national headlines (unfortunately, IMO), but that's not to suggest NFL fans haven't taken notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Granted, it has been a long day...

but did I miss something about the meaning of that particular time?

I was thinking, perhaps, that 4 to 20 was his sentence if he tested positive again....
    Blimp, you square!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4:20

"Hey, it's 4:19... Gotta minute?"

Blimp, you square!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4:20

"Hey, it's 4:19... Gotta minute?"
    Guilty as charged....

Dude, as God as my witness, I have never heard of that reference before in my life.

What is most puzzling to me about my ignorance to that phrase is that my watch stayed stuck on 4:20 for more than a few semesters in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Guilty as charged....

Dude, as God as my witness, I have never heard of that reference before in my life.

What is most puzzling to me about my ignorance to that phrase is that my watch stayed stuck on 4:20 for more than a few semesters in college.

Turn Off Ads?