Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie Sheen calls bluff: CBS cancels

Re: Charlie Sheen calls bluff: CBS cancels

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban_Missile View Post
    Besides Big Bang Theory and **** My Dad Says what else is there?
    NCIS, The Good Wife, Hawaii Five-O, all the CSI shows, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Survivor, The Amazing Race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Legends Never Die

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    NCIS, The Good Wife, Hawaii Five-O, all the CSI shows, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Survivor, The Amazing Race.
    I will give you all of those as being good except for CSI they all have become pretty played out and run together.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

So Sheen doesn't get any additional crack money and Two and a Half Men gets canceled.

Win/win right?
    Last edited by MilotheMayor; 02-25-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban_Missile View Post
    I will give you all of those as being good except for CSI they all have become pretty played out and run together.
    True, but they still bring in the ratings and the money.

What they need to do is replace Charlie Sheen. They can replace him and get the show cancelled by hiring one person

I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by jredmo2 View Post
    Crack isn't that bad. Well, crack is certainly bad (mmkay), but not as bad as people tend to think. It's basically no worse than powder cocaine. So, when Charlie says that people should only use crack if they can handle it, it's not as wildly crazy as people have said. If you think that people can use powder cocaine recreationally and in moderation, then the same holds true for crack. Crack and powder cocaine are the same chemically -- it's akin to the alcohol in vodka being the same as the alcohol in wine. Sure, it's perhaps a more efficient delivery method of the drug, but if crack is more addictive than powder cocaine, it is only marginally so. And yet crack use is almost universally shamed, while powder cocaine use is somewhat tolerated as acceptable (depending on your disposition, I suppose). The reason crack carries the stigma it does is mainly due to racism, IMO. And the significantly stiffer legal ramifications for crack possession vs. powder cocaine possession are a travesty and a black mark on our society (again, IMO).
    Good lord, what drivel.

The rise of crack use by blacks in the 80s correlated with the rise in violent crime in the inner cities. People blamed the drug. Thus you got tougher sentencing. It's really that simple. If anything, the drug was used as a way to shield black people from racism (eg, "it's not black people's fault that crime is on the rise, it's the drug's fault".)

You can read about it here. Then you won't have to rely on your "opinion".

http://pricetheory.uchicago.edu/levi...Murphy2005.pdf
    Last edited by kpresidente; 02-25-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    True, but they still bring in the ratings and the money.

What they need to do is replace Charlie Sheen. They can replace him and get the show cancelled by hiring one person
    Or if "Showkiller" McGinley isn't available, they could pull a reverse "Spin City" and hire Michael J. Fox to replace him.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Good lord, what drivel.

The rise of crack use by blacks in the 80s correlated with the rise in violent crime in the inner cities. People blamed the drug. Thus you got tougher sentencing. It's really that simple. If anything, the drug was used as a way to shield black people from racism (eg, "it's not black people's fault that crime is on the rise, it's the drug's fault".)

You can read about it here. Then you won't have to rely on your "opinion".

http://pricetheory.uchicago.edu/levi...Murphy2005.pdf
    Really belongs in the peanut gallery, but using a report by University of Chicago to back up a social- economic argument is like using Prince Fielder to back up an argument about doughnuts. Basically, I could tell you what their conclusion would be without reading a single sentence.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Really belongs in the peanut gallery,
    Good advice.

Let's get the topic back on track, folks. No need to 'crack' the case in this thread.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Watching Charlie Sheen act might drive me to crack

It really amazes me how such a well educated, intelligent, thoughtful, ethical father such as Martin Sheen could produce such a disgrace as Charlie Sheen. It can't be his fathering skills, as his other son, Emilio Estevez has turned out fine.

No judgement against Martin, I just don't see how that happens.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It really amazes me how such a well educated, intelligent, thoughtful, ethical father such as Martin Sheen could produce such a disgrace as Charlie Sheen. It can't be his fathering skills, as his other son, Emilio Estevez has turned out fine.

I can think of so many people that I personally know that are fine upstanding people that have 1 or more kids that "turn out fine" and then another one that is just out there "Charlie Sheen'n it up".

I know people who have parents that really did a number on them, but some how they managed to turn out great.

Parents are extremely important but they're not everything.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Remember the drunk scene from apocalypse now (the one in the hotel room?)

Well Marty wasn't acting, and he has a history of abuse as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I can think of so many people that I personally know that are fine upstanding people that have 1 or more kids that "turn out fine" and then another one that is just out there "Charlie Sheen'n it up".

I know people who have parents that really did a number on them, but some how they managed to turn out great.

Parents are extremely important but they're not everything.
    Thanks, that makes sense. I see that too. But I have never seen such an extreme example, but then again, I have never personally seen anyone as messed up as Charlie Sheen either.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Remember the drunk scene from apocalypse now (the one in the hotel room?)

Well Marty wasn't acting, and he has a history of abuse as well.
    That does explain the abuse, thanks. I still don't think that, or anything can explain the extreme moral depravity that Charlie is exhibiting, especially when his brother seems fine.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

That does explain the abuse, thanks. I still don't think that, or anything can explain the extreme moral depravity that Charlie is exhibiting, especially when his brother seems fine.
    If only there was someone in his family who could teach him some important life lessons about accepting who you are, the value of being a team player, and the idea that winning isn't everything...

All while playing hockey.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?