Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Indians Monday 6/18

Re: Reds vs. Indians Monday 6/18

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Patient? It's been what like 2.5 months and like maybe 10 starts? What the heck were you expecting? I think people thought we were getting Sandy Koufax sometimes....relax and let the kid learn and grow. Remember he is only 24 with 2 years ML experience.
    And, the REDS tend to win when he starts.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    And, the REDS tend to win when he starts.
    The offense feeds on the power of his neck tats

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Latos' starts this year have been against offenses with the following rankings:

30th
    26th
    24th
    24th
    22nd
    21st
    21st
    20th
    20th
    16th
    14th
    13th
    3rd

He's not exactly facing a bunch of world beaters.

Edited because I had it sorted by the wrong category. This is a list of OPS by team
    Nice post. That really puts his starts in perspective. Thank goodness he's only 24 years old. But, not everybody improves as they get older. Doc Gooden got worse every year. But, then Doc Gooden did crack and cocaine for most of his career.

If you bat in front of Joey Votto and can't get on base at at least a .330 clip, you're just not a very good baseball player.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

crap. I thought he had that one

well its about to be tied again

Nice post. That really puts his starts in perspective. Thank goodness he's only 24 years old. But, not everybody improves as they get older. Doc Gooden got worse every year. But, then Doc Gooden did crack and cocaine for most of his career.
    Latos is doing crack?

Lol heisey. Gonna cost us a run

The are teeing off on Latos

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Why don't pitchers move from side to side on the rubber? Give hitters different looks?
    Good Question. Did you see Felix Hernandez' explanation last night on why he pitched better last night than he had been this season? He said that in previous years he used to start his windup facing directly to home plate. He'd gotten away from that this year and began his delivery at about a 30-45 degree angle off of home plate. Last night he went back to facing directly home plate and had outstanding results.

I imagine they don't move around because even the smallest of changes can really throw off a pitcher.

One more hit and I get LeCure up

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Patient? It's been what like 2.5 months and like maybe 10 starts? What the heck were you expecting? I think people thought we were getting Sandy Koufax sometimes....relax and let the kid learn and grow. Remember he is only 24 with 2 years ML experience.
    If you're just going to toss guys out of the system by claiming they're blocked, don't draft catchers and first basemen even if they are the BPA. Draft what your organization needs. If we're just going to take the BPA and trade them for pennies on the dollar under the guise of "he was blocked, so he didn't have much value," then we're run by a bunch of idiots.

Latos is league average. Maybe slightly above. Most teams would kill to have Boxberger, Grandal and Alonso. Volquez and Latos are a wash right now. Face it. The trade was a bust.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

nice strikeout Mat.

I try to keep reminding myself of that, but it's easy to be impatient with a 24 year old who has a 2 year track record like Latos.
    It reminds me of the conversation I had earlier about Encarnacion. The Reds shipped him off as a 26 year old, and many fans had already given up on him. It was just easy to get discouraged about a guy who had hit .289 with 16 HR and 76 RBI as a 24 year old and then regressed.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Who would you rather have?

Damon and his .548 OPS or Rolen and his .572 OPS?

Turn Off Ads?