Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching the Cardinals go to the WS....

Watching the Cardinals go to the WS....

Just makes me think how MANY times they gave the Reds a chance to win the division and the Reds didnt take advantge and it might be the Reds and Tigers... sigh

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

Re: Watching the Cardinals go to the WS....

No doubt the NL was horrible year this.

Detroit will dump St. Louis quickly, Tigers in 4.

God I hate the Cardinals....I hate LaRussa, I hate Prince Aldork, I hate the big German, I hate sissy boy Edmonds, I hate that guy with that queer red chin hair.....I hate them all.:thumbdown
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    No doubt the NL was horrible year this.

It sounds good to me. Too bad Mr. Casey will not be playing.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    God I hate the Cardinals....I hate LaRussa, I hate Prince Aldork, I hate the big German, I hate sissy boy Edmonds, I hate that guy with that queer red chin hair.....I hate them all.:thumbdown

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I'm just glad the Cards pulled it out. I thought it was going to be over for sure when LaRussa took off his sunglasses for a second to look at the lineup card. I thought Randolph read his eyes and was ready to take advantage.

I wonder if the better team won this series?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    I'm not so sure. I remember hearing the same thing about the Yankees-Tigers. I think the time-off for the Tigers may result in them being a little rusty in the beginning of the series. I think the Tigers will win, but I think it will take 6 games.

Detroit will dump the Cards the same way the Yankees were "a lock".

The games still have to be played...sure with the pitching that the Tigers have they should run the table but lets not forget that the Cardinals were supposed to be chased out of the NL series with hardly a whimper.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...anything can happen and it often does.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    I wonder if the better team won this series?
    Not hardly! The luckier team won the series.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I find it just a little intriguing that the Cards top 3 starting pitchers all have mediocre AL pasts, and that's being charitable. I doubt any of them come unglued at the mere sight of a DH, but perhaps it adds a little interest.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I'll stand in the minority. My wife's from Missouri and grew up a Cardinals fan. Even though she's a Reds fan now (25 years of marriage will do that to you!), I know she and her family will be excited. Good luck to both teams - it should be an interesting Series.

I rooted for the Cardinals against New York, because, well, the Mets were from New York.

I'll root for the Cardinals against the Tigers, because I just cannot bring myself to root for an American League team. I'm not sure I'd even call what they play over there in the junior circuit, baseball, really, what with all of the pitchers drinking coffee while their teammates bat, the managers falling asleep because they have nothing to do and innings that go on and on as they bat around time and time again. I think it's a bit more like cricket. :

You would be fired from Fox for the above.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Go Tigers! I've been thinking the whole time, the Cards can't win, they shouldn't have even won their division. About to puke is correct.

Turn Off Ads?