Turn Off Ads?

Thread: A loss is a loss...

A loss is a loss...

But this is two nights in a row that our pitching didn't even give us a chance. That sucks.

Three weeks ago I felt so good about our pitching. Now I'm wondering if we have enough guys we have that can consistently get people out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A loss is a loss...

I'm more concerned with wearing out our bullpen. Our starters over the last 4 games have lasted 13.2 innings (and that includes a 7 inning start by Bronson.)

these guys can still get bad teams out, and that's most of what's left. all we need is 2 starters to go with Bronson if we make the playoffs. hopefully cueto and bailey.

San Francisco is below the league average in scoring (or at least they were before this series).

This team is much better with the pieces they've added, plus they are playing to win every night. bewers, cubs, bucs, stros not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    plus they are playing to win every night.
    Sort of like us?

Bucs were playing to win tonight...which was nice.

I think we'd have all taken 6-3 or 5-4 when this 9 game trip started.

Are avatars a perk?

Yesterday I was going to say that the first loss to the Giants was reminiscent of the first Cardinals loss during the last homestand. We didn't really have a chance to begin with. Now this. We're lucky the Cardinals lost today.

They will be fine there prob all tired and just lookin for a break it was a long road trip. If we win tommrrow then we have won 6/9 which is good with a day off. Start friday vs the Cubs at home.

Bottom line: the Reds have been of fire since the break, but they look a little tired right now. And the Giants needed this series a lot more than the Reds did. We'll be fine once we get back home. But a win tonight would be a really great way to wrap up a very successful road trip.

HOMER

BAKER12

It sucks, but a 5-4 trip is acceptable, just disappointing after a 5-1 start. The Reds were swept by Seattle and then swept the A's. The Reds had the debacle against St. Louise and then swept Florida. The terrible loss to Atlanta (wakoff granny) and they took 2 of 3 in Cleveland. What I am saying, this team does not quit. I expect a good weekend against the Flubs.

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER12 View Post
    It sucks, but a 5-4 trip is acceptable, just disappointing after a 5-1 start. The Reds were swept by Seattle and then swept the A's. The Reds had the debacle against St. Louise and then swept Florida. The terrible loss to Atlanta (wakoff granny) and they took 2 of 3 in Cleveland. What I am saying, this team does not quit. I expect a good weekend against the Flubs.
    You mean a 6-3 road trip.Sounds better doesn't it.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

I'll suspend judgment on the bullpen until we get back home. I think everyone is just worn out from this west coast road trip. Get home, get rest, add Chapman to the mix and I have faith we will see a number of guys finish strong in the bullpen. Nothing like competition for playing time to bring out the best in players.

BAKER12

Quote Originally Posted by UKAlum97 View Post
    I'll suspend judgment on the bullpen until we get back home. I think everyone is just worn out from this west coast road trip. Get home, get rest, add Chapman to the mix and I have faith we will see a number of guys finish strong in the bullpen. Nothing like competition for playing time to bring out the best in players.
    Geez was I glad to be wrong! 6-3 is sweet
    The Reds never cease to amaze me, they drive you batty, but man they play hard, Dusty has got to be extra proud of his guys

Turn Off Ads?