Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Fish 6/8/08

Re: Reds @ Fish 6/8/08

Uggla lines a double to left center.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I love George's at the warning track when Bruce is not even close to the warning track. Gonzalez flies out to center.

Sac fly by C. Ross to left. 2-1 Marlins.

Harang needs to knock in another run if he doesn't want to lose.

These guys all owe Harang dinner for the rest of the year. Each of his starts has been characterized by crappy defense and lousy run support. If it weren't for Harang's bat, it would be 2-0. ..
    Last edited by Reds Freak; 06-08-2008 at 02:29 PM.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Rabello strikes out swinging. 4 Ks. 2-1 Marlins after 4.

perhaps I'm just getting old, but didn't Dunn have a pretty good arm when he first came up?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Pitch count after 4:

Tucker at 73 pitches, 37 of em strikes. (5 Ks)
    Harang at 56 pitches, 39 of em strikes. (4 Ks)
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Harang strikes out looking. 6 Ks for Tucker. 1 out.

Yes he has great stuff.....but he has barely thrown strikes....you either wait him out and go deep in the count and take your chances with 2 strikes on you or be prepared to take lousy looking swings.

It really is pathetic the swings that have been taken....Ross has had more than a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    These guys all owe Harang dinner for the rest of the year. Each of his starts has been chracterized by crappy defense and lousy run support. If it wasn't for Harang's bat, it would be 2-0. ..
    If Harang loses, he'll be 2-9. Anybody who ever cites a pitcher's W/L record needs to look at this to see how ridiculous it is.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Yes....and he played RF and threw nice and straight. Too much Atari playing.

Hairston walks.

Hairston puts in a professional AB, and works a walk.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    perhaps I'm just getting old, but didn't Dunn have a pretty good arm when he first came up?
    Dunn still has a pretty decent arm, but with his poor footwork, he's rarely in position to use it -- weight back, catches the ball to his left instead of out front. He was on his heels when he caught that liner. Watch Bruce line up to catch a ball and you'll see the difference.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Bruce walks. 1st and 2nd.

Turn Off Ads?